So, this guy Allen.. who’d have believed what he would become?

Chandler#81

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

Kind of makes you think - has this approach worked for anybody recently? I know it worked for Aaron Rodgers but 15 years ago isn't recently of course. Seems that any of the recent young QBs that have had any success were thrown right in (Allen, Burrow, Tua, Fields, Herbert, etc.) On the other hand I can't think of a single one that was "developed" for a year plus. If anything, for the past couple of decades or so it seems like if a QB doesn't start right away that controversy just brews and then they eventually don't deliver.

The conventional wisdom was that you can ruin a QB by playing him too early.  That's now passe.

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Arguably Mahomes got to develop on the bench behind Alex Smith before he was ever thrown in, and you could do a lot worse for a mentor than Smith. 

True.  But he would have been fine had he started early in his rookie season.

Community Member

Posted April 25, 2018

On 4/25/2018 at 8:22 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

"Would be really disappointed if they pick Allen with Rosen on the board. "

Nihilarian

Community Member

Posted April 25, 2018

"I wouldn't 

Rosen might be the slickest QB in the draft but there are real reasons why he would fall in the draft. Unlike Arron Rodgers, I highly doubt this kid even plays a full season...ever!

Listen to what Mayock said, as Allen has the best arm talent in the draft, football IQ like Carson Wentz and if he can get over some hurdles he could be special. There are real reasons as to why Mayock ranks him as his #2 QB in this year's draft.

Once it's all said and done and if given time to develop with good coaching Josh Allen will be the best QB/player in this years draft class."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.