Take-Out Bid for Henry?

As a football fan I don't like seeing a team lose a player to injury (TN's RB Brown broke his hand in a contact drill in his shorts without pads. He is only out for a month but this comes on top of him losing 5 games last year to turf toe and 4 games in his rookie season to a hammy pull so question arise in TN about counting upon the man envision replacing George).

As a human being I hate to see another person fall victim to drug abuse (MN's RB Smith has apparently been suspended for a year due to a drug violation).

At any rate, part of the past TD arsenal has been for him to make what I call a take-out bid of overpaying for a player but making a take or leave it offer to avoid getting into a bidding war when he thinks his value would go up anyway and he wants to close the deal.

Its why we paid through the nose for Milloy and he avoided a bidding war with Chicago with offer. Generally it has paid off as Milloy (outside of a couple of nicks which cost him games has performed and still been among the team leaders in tackles even losing a game here and there.

It looked to some that TD had missed the market when Arrington dropped to AZ in the second round. However, it looks like injury is building a new market for Henry and pre-season and unfortunate injuries to come has not even begun yet.

TD has a lot of good reasons to sit tight and see what the future brings in terms of market. I think if the Titans want Henry, or Philly is still interested because Westbrook has not yet answered their call or MN has a new need, its going to take a takeout bid of the 2nd (or at least a 3rd) to get TD to bite instead of waiting.

Could be, but this team seems thin at the rb position as is, barring something special coming from Williams and draftee Gates.

340600[/snapback]

all the more reason to wait for a really good offer.

Mr. Wolf feels that Corey Simon is the only true fair market value for a Travis Henry. In addition to being fair market value for Travis Henry, Corey Simon will also greatly enhance our front 7.

340673[/snapback]

I'm beginning to like this Mr. Wolf character. Would you like to come over for dinner, Mr. Wolf?

As a football fan I don't like seeing a team lose a player to injury (TN's RB Brown broke his hand in a contact drill in his shorts without pads. He is only out for a month but this comes on top of him losing 5 games last year to turf toe and 4 games in his rookie season to a hammy pull so question arise in TN about counting upon the man envision replacing George).

As a human being I hate to see another person fall victim to drug abuse (MN's RB Smith has apparently been suspended for a year due to a drug violation).

At any rate, part of the past TD arsenal has been for him to make what I call a take-out bid of overpaying for a player but making a take or leave it offer to avoid getting into a bidding war when he thinks his value would go up anyway and he wants to close the deal.

Its why we paid through the nose for Milloy and he avoided a bidding war with Chicago with offer.  Generally it has paid off as Milloy (outside of a couple of nicks which cost him games has performed and still been among the team leaders in tackles even losing a game here and there.

IsdTD had missed the market when Arrington dropped to AZ in the second round. However, it looks like injury is building a new market for Henry and pre-season and unfortunate injuries to come has not even begun yet.

TD has a lot of good reasons to sit tight and see what the future brings in terms of market. I think if the Titans want Henry, or Philly is still interested because Westbrook has not yet answered their call or MN has a new need, its going to take a takeout bid of the 2nd (or at least a 3rd) to get TD to bite instead of waiting.

340589[/snapback]

We are in a good situation with Henry..Whats wrong with having 2 good backs??? what is wrong with having injury insurance?? whats wrong with a change of pace back to wear out the D??....TD hasnt given the guy away...good for him.and for the bills.

Its why we paid through the nose for Milloy and he avoided a bidding war with Chicago with offer.  Generally it has paid off as Milloy (outside of a couple of nicks which cost him games has performed and still been among the team leaders in tackles even losing a game here and there.

It looked to some that TD had missed the market when Arrington dropped to AZ in the second round. However, it looks like injury is building a new market for Henry and pre-season and unfortunate injuries to come has not even begun yet.

340589[/snapback]

Sorry but drug abusers get the fate they deserve. It was their choice just like it's a drunk's choice to drive incapacitated and kill someone.

I'm beginning to like this Mr. Wolf character.  Would you like to come over for dinner, Mr. Wolf?

340674[/snapback]

Golly, yes! You don't have to twist Mr. Wolf's arm for FREE RIBS. Gosh knows the last time Mr. Wolf had a good home cooked meal.

Sorry but drug abusers get the fate they deserve.  It was their choice just like it's a drunk's choice to drive incapacitated and kill someone.

340691[/snapback]

I never said drug abusers don;t deserve what they get. I just said I felt bad for a team when one of their players ends up not entertaining me because of a non-football issue. I can certainly see a point of view that fells sorry for Rae Carruth but would be willing to deliver him the the poison to end his life for killing the woman he impregnated.

I have no problem being part of a society which kills someone who deserves it, but i do feel bad that sometimes it is necessaary or useful for society to kill someone.

We are in a good situation with Henry..Whats wrong with having 2 good backs??? what is wrong with having injury insurance?? whats wrong with a change of pace back to wear out the D??....TD hasnt given the guy away...good for him.and for the bills.

340677[/snapback]

Uhm... yeah TH has refused to attend anything, wont ever be in buffalo again unless its on a visiting team. So outside of the whole holdout thing, yeah you might be right.... :)