More props for Steve Nash

Steve Nash continues to be extraordinary and exemplary in the playoffs. He scored 48 points the other night on 20-28 shooting, and then just had 34 points, 13 rebounds and 12 assists last night in the Suns game 5 win.

But he's a better guy than player, and he just won the NBA MVP as a 6' 3" skinny white Canadian point guard. Amazing in and of itself.

From today's AZ Republic:

Nash the endorser

Nash's virtuosity must be frustrating for marketers seeking commissions. He rarely takes endorsements other than Nike for many reasons. Among them, Nash cites that he has plenty of money from a "dream contract" and does not want to take time away from his family or craft.

But there Nash was in a new American Express television commercial on Tuesday night. It was only Nash highlights, and Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski did all the talking to compliment Nash's game.

Nike will air a new commercial congratulating Nash for his MVP award next week, Nash's agent Bill Duffy said. Nash passes on endorsement earnings to charities.

Nash is slated to have a charity all-star game in Toronto in July to replace the one Vince Carter annually held there.

he was awesome last nite and that amare stoudamire is gonna be a major force for a long time

Steve Nash continues to be extraordinary and exemplary in the playoffs. He scored 48 points the other night on 20-28 shooting, and then just had 34 points, 13 rebounds and 12 assists last night in the Suns game 5 win.

But he's a better guy than player, and he just won the NBA MVP as a 6' 3" skinny white Canadian point guard. Amazing in and of itself.

340132[/snapback]

he was awesome last nite and that amare stoudamire is gonna be a major force for a long time

340135[/snapback]

Nice little tidbit:

Tonight Steve Nash became the first player with at least 30 points, 12 rebounds and 12 assists in an NBA postseason game since Jerry West did it in 1969.

The only other player ever to record a 30-12-12 playoff game was Oscar Robertson, who did it four times.

Magic Johnson had an NBA-record 30 postseason triple-doubles, but he didn't score as many as 30 points in any of them.

Nice story, nice guy.  But the NBA still sucks. :wacko:

340134[/snapback]

That's because he wasn't doing "Bizzo, Skizzo all up in dat fat house, with his homies and posse!"

The NBA is all about ME and HIPHOP crap and terrible as hell. Couldn't agree more with ya Campy.

And they say that hockey sucks?! Give me a break. I know they are bitching about money right now, but at least it takes a hell of alot more talent to play the game of icehockey over basketball. Show me one guy who can shoot a 100MPH freethrow!

Steve Nash continues to be extraordinary and exemplary in the playoffs. He scored 48 points the other night on 20-28 shooting.

340132[/snapback]

didnt they loose that game?

and they said it was the other teams plan to let him score, but to keep the rest of the team from doing anything. and it worked.

didnt they loose that game?

and they said it was the other teams plan to let him score, but to keep the rest of the team from doing anything. and it worked.

340422[/snapback]

If you watched it, you would know what happened. He was absolutely phenomenal.

It was not his fault that his other 4-5 teammates all played terribly and couldn't hold onto his passes or missed their own shots. They just had a bad game. He had a great one.

If you watched it, you would know what happened. He was absolutely phenomenal.

It was not his fault that his other 4-5 teammates all played terribly and couldn't hold onto his passes or missed their own shots. They just had a bad game. He had a great one.

340426[/snapback]

i want to say he had 9 turn overs. but i hate that game, and really cant stand to watch eather.

i just watch ESPN for a while. and their crazy made up topics get in to my head.

He doesn't get much publicity in Canada either. Kind of strange.

340462[/snapback]

Strange. I saw a few articles and TV reports about people in Victoria that go nuts over him and follow everything he does, especially this year because there was no hockey. And that there are a lot of Canadian reporters that follow all the Suns games, even during the regular season, just because of him. I saw one yesterday in fact, where they interviewed a bunch of people from around Victoria that said that since he has made it so big all these high school kids in hoops and other sports and even non-sports related careers think they can make it out of there and become successful because Nash did. And it showed some program he funds for hoops all over Canada.

Don't quite understand why anyone would want any sport to lock out, at least other than anything to do with Soccer, bitters anyone??

The Suns are the only squad to make basketball easier to enjoy for the casual fan with their up-tempo game. If you haven't watched the NBA all season so far, then go back to the cleaning the garage or the gutters or whatever and keep tivoing NFL network.

340132[/snapback]

I think what's better is he's doing against Dallas and Mark Cuban.