are receivers open question - with crappy film snaps

Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

On 2nd and 17 when you NEED to get like 8-10.  Throw him towards the sideline and let him make a freakin play. 

Even if he didn't get the first down it would have been like 3rd and 5.

Is he not allowed to have a bad game or two. Everyone was saying the same ***** last year as well, how’d he finish the season? Until yesterday he was the clear cut MVP, now he’s dog *****. A lot of players struggled yesterday. And in the play you are dissecting it looks like Gabe and Allen are not on the same page. We know Allen ain’t gonna throw anyone under the bus so he has taken ownership in the mistake. 

21 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Guys are definitely open - Allen is pushing the ball downfield. I think that Steelers game was the worst thing that could have happened to him. He pushed the ball multiple times when he had better options underneath, but the Steelers were so bad we hit on them anyway. That success makes him think he can do it every time.

LOL There are a number of endeavors where it's reasonably said "the second worst thing that can happen is to do something risky and succeed"

IIRC weren't the Rams thin in the secondary too, when we played them?

So is it engrained now, or can they beat it out of him, so to speak?

There’s almost always a receiver open on every play. I don’t mean “wide open” but someone’s NFL open somewhere. And if they aren’t, it’s also possible for the QB to throw that player open, although those passes are much more difficult (of course).

Allen just isn’t reading the field right now. Shakir and Knox in particular have been wide open and NFL open but he’s predetermining where he’s going with the football. Usually the cause of that is a lack of trust in the OL, the feeling that the ball has to go to this guy against this defensive look, but the OL has blocked fairly well, so I don’t know why he has stopped going through his progressions. I don’t know what his issue is, but he needs to snap out of it quickly. 

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

This is probably gonna be broken into several posts due to posting size limitations. 

I'm trying to address/answer the question are receivers open ie is it Dorsey especially on interceptions.

Now I'll be the first to say I don't always understand the rules on what's considered an open guy or not, so hopefully some of our guys who know more like @HoofHearted and @Buffalo716 will chime in.  I'm also limited by the crappy NFL+ interface, it isn't always possible to capture the exact still I want.  Y'all can get your own free trial and check me.

GB at Buf, 2rd and 9 with 12:51 left in the 4th. 

Josh rolled out to the L and dirted a ball to an open Devin Singletary, hotly pursued by 2 GB defenders and no time to set.

Just before Josh rolled out to his L, Knox appears wide open down the R sideline, making me wonder if Josh could have broken back and R for a throwing lane and hit him for a nice gain.  Diggs may also have a little "window" to go get the ball? (Josh just needs a bit more time in the pocket I think).  Singletary sees his QB in trouble and scrambles for the L sideline, but Josh must feel pursuit too close to throw on the move.  Motor has the defender boxed out but Josh dirts it.

3rd and 10.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Right now, To me, It looks like Dorsey is very good at drawing up his initial script

But Needs to get better with the Ebbs and flows of the game

He has been very good at moving diggs around and scheming him open… as for scheming to get Knox or Gabe open … not so much 

He needs to do a better job there 

And Josh can do a bit better of a job throwing it in rhythm 

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Right now, To me, It looks like Dorsey is very good at drawing up his initial script

But Needs to get better with the Ebbs and flows of the game

He has been very good at moving diggs around and scheming him open… as for scheming to get Knox or Gabe open … not so much 

He needs to do a better job there 

And Josh can do a bit better of a job throwing it in rhythm 

Gabe seems to be drawing a lot of attention - presumably because of his big plays and big games.

But every time I look at the all-22, I see Knox open.  The problem is, he’s often the check down or underneath option, or at best the intermediate option.  And all least to me, it looks as though Josh would rather try to force it in to Davis deep or a double-covered Diggs than to throw to a wide-open Knox, Shakir, or McKenzie short of the sticks.

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Gabe seems to be drawing a lot of attention - presumably because of his big plays and big games.

But every time I look at the all-22, I see Knox open.  The problem is, he’s often the check down or underneath option, or at best the intermediate option.  And all least to me, it looks as though Josh would rather try to force it in to Davis deep or a double-covered Diggs than to throw to a wide-open Knox, Shakir, or McKenzie short of the sticks.

He's definitely been the center of the he problems on offense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.