2022 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Gugny

Babe Ruth got the first combined no-hitter in MLB history.  He went 0 innings.  Walked first guy, argued with the ump and got ejected. 

Ernie Shore went the rest of the way... After the first base runner was thrown out trying to steal. 

That's a real combined no-hitter!

***** you cumulonimbus clouds!  You can't rain on my parade!

😏

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

To me the game last night came down to fielding. One first baseman didn't make a play with a man on third and the other did. And then the Astro CF made the play of the game.

I was thinking the same last night.  As a Mets fan, I'm sure you remember the horrid defense (primarily Daniel Murphy at 2B) that plagued the Mets in the 2015 World Series.

I loved last night's game.  Proved that it's not always about the long ball.  It still comes down to manufacturing runs and playing solid defense when it's all said and done.

This World Series has a little bit of everything.  Home Runs, great pitching (a no f*cking hitter!!), contact hitting, great defense ... it's been a great World Series and I hope it gets stretched to seven games.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was thinking the same last night.  As a Mets fan, I'm sure you remember the horrid defense (primarily Daniel Murphy at 2B) that plagued the Mets in the 2015 World Series.

I loved last night's game.  Proved that it's not always about the long ball.  It still comes down to manufacturing runs and playing solid defense when it's all said and done.

This World Series has a little bit of everything.  Home Runs, great pitching (a no f*cking hitter!!), contact hitting, great defense ... it's been a great World Series and I hope it gets stretched to seven games.

I hope you were right about a six game series and we have one more game like last night back in Houston.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I didn't watch much of the first two games, but the last three have drawn me in. Last nights game was great, I kept expecting the Astros to pull away but then at the end the Phillies had a chance for the comeback. 

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I hope you were right about a six game series and we have one more game like last night back in Houston.

LOL, I'm sure you are!  I'd love another game like last night's for game 6, but with Philly coming out on top.

Game 7 would be a lot of fun to watch.

At this point (this happens every year with me), I'm happy for whichever team wins.  Both have played great baseball with sportsmanship.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.