Trump vs. DeSantis, who is your man?

Tiberius

Trump vs DeSantis   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your choice to lead the GOP?

• Trump
    • DeSantis

30 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Do you appreciate the parents for calling out the small minded bureaucrat principal? Or do you just mean you like liberals?

I mean: it’s preposterous. They apparently follow something called the Hillsdale College Classical Curriculum, which includes Renaissance Art as part of the 6th grade curriculum. So, what are the Top 5 best known pieces of Renaissance art? Off the top of my head:

1-2 (tie): Mona Lisa, The Last Supper

3-4 tie): David, the Sistine Chapel ceiling. 
EDIT: proud of myself. The experts agree:  https://www.britannica.com/question/What-are-some-famous-Renaissance-artworks

And then we can moved on to Donatello’s David (more boyish, still buck naked), Titian (Rape of Europa, anyone?) and on and on. Yes, there was nudity on display in Renaissance Art! Shocking!!

So we’re gonna skip over certain ones because they show nudity. Parents: check a book out of the library on the History of Art. Go to the chapter “The Italian Renaissance.” If you’re not ok with your kid looking at what’s displayed there, don’t send your kid to a “Classical Academy.”  These parents are literally anti-knowledge. They might as well send their kids to a sharia law school. 
So yes…well-played, Ms. Principal. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

@Orlando Tim 

What should those innocent 6th graders

do when the news reports come on: “Donald Trump paid off pr0n star?” I guess he’s setting a fine example regarding the film making arts. 

Are you drunk? I don't know what you think this means but reporters do not questions students under 18 due to privacy laws. Just like they don't ask studentd about Biden and his daughter 

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I mean: it’s preposterous. They apparently follow something called the Hillsdale College Classical Curriculum, which includes Renaissance Art as part of the 6th grade curriculum. So, what are the Top 5 best known pieces of Renaissance art? Off the top of my head:

1-2 (tie): Mona Lisa, The Last Supper

3-4 tie): David, the Sistine Chapel ceiling. 
EDIT: proud of myself. The experts agree:  https://www.britannica.com/question/What-are-some-famous-Renaissance-artworks

And then we can moved on to Donatello’s David (more boyish, still buck naked), Titian (Rape of Europa, anyone?) and on and on. Yes, there was nudity on display in Renaissance Art! Shocking!!

So we’re gonna skip over certain ones because they show nudity. Parents: check a book out of the library on the History of Art. Go to the chapter “The Italian Renaissance.” If you’re not ok with your kid looking at what’s displayed there, don’t send your kid to a “Classical Academy.”  These parents are literally anti-knowledge. They might as well send their kids to a sharia law school. 
So yes…well-played, Ms. Principal. 

The curriculum has very strict guidelines, and parents picked the school for this reason. It appears the principal went outside the guidelines intentionally and was fired for it. Your comment about sharia law is interesting since you are equating not showing a child nudity to the belief that gays should be murdered and woman are property of men, once again showing that politics are more important than kids.