(OT) Trukin' to Buffalo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fantastic show indeed, and to imagine it followed up 5/8/77 in Cornell and didn't dissapoint....  :doh:

339881[/snapback]

May of '77 may just be the best month of shows the Grateful Dead ever had. They were on fire!!!! 0:)

This rumor has been making the rounds the last day or so.

Superfly is expected to announce the Vegoose Music Festival with-in the

coming weeks, to be held on the surrounding fields of Las Vegas, NV -

Oct 28-30 with a final show Oct 31 at the Sam Boyd Silver Bowl. The

festival will be similar to the Bonnaroo Music Festival which is being held

in Manchester, TN this June.

In addition to the festival performances, which will be over by seven

o'clock each of the three days, several of the band's will be performing

in groups of two or three at various clubs and arenas during the

evenings of the festival. Dave Matthews Band and Trey Anastasio will play the

Thomas and Mack Center the first two evening's, while moe., Umphrey's

McGee, Phil Lesh and Friends and others will share the stage at the MGM

Grand Garden Arena on night's two and three. Pearl Jam will play with

The Black Crowes on evening three at the Thomas and Mack Center, while

right down the road at the House of Blues, The John Mayer Trio will

share their Blues for fans. There will be minimal onsite camping and

minimal onsite activities, which makes this festival quite different from the

Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival.

Confirmed Acts are listed below.

Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam, moe., The String Cheese Incident, The

Black Crowes, Wilco, Ryan Adams, Trey Anastasio, Umphrey's McGee,

Widespread Panic, Phil Lesh and Friends, Mike Gordon and Leo Kottke, The John

Mayer Trio, Gov't Mule, The Allman Brothers Band, 311, Keller Williams

and many more to be announced.

Under a month 'til Bonnaroo  :wacko:

339782[/snapback]

Halloween in Las Vegas with that line up would be incredible. Thats the kind of festival that will make you want to quit your job and start selling goo balls and veggie burritos out of the back of a van.

I have heard thit also. Phil just played his benefit show @ The Warfield this past Friday with a pretty smoking setlist. He even broke out some Phish (A Song I heard the Ocean Sing). Setlist is below:

Phil & Friends

5/13/05

Warfield, SF, CA

Set 1:

Jam>

Here Comes Sunshine>

Mr. Charlie

Stagger Lee>

Fried of the Devil>

Big Boss Man

No More Do I>

Duprees Diamond Blues

Dancin In The Streets

Set 2:

~Across The Universe

Eyes Of The World>

Love the One Your With>

Millenium Jam>

The Eleven,

~@A Song I Heard The Ocean Sing>

Sugaree

Cryptical Envelopment>

Morning Dew>

The Other One>

Cryptical Envelopment>

I Know You Rider

E: Donor Rap,

St. Stephen>

~Hit The Road Jack>

Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad

Band Intros

~First time played

339852[/snapback]

I was @ both shows. The Warfield friday was just a straight up show. Sunday was the benefit. - one set, 2 hours. There were pretty studly shows, up there with what they did in december(that outfit is touring in the fall) Al from moe. was the sh-- with them.

Sunday night's show @ Berkeley:

SEVA Foundation's

Wavy Gravy Birthday Bash

Berkeley Community Theater

Berkeley, CA

May 15, 2005

Help on the Way>

Slipknot!>

Franklin's Tower

China Cat Sunflower

Uncle John's Band

Alligator

~#Mexico (moe song)

Broken Arrow

The Wheel

Think - Aretha Franklin, not the one Jerry used to cover.

Viola Lee Blues

E: *Turn On Your Lovelight

with Happy Birthday Wavy mid-song

Phil Lesh: bass, vocals

John Molo: drums

Al Schnier: guitar, #vocals

Mookie Siegel: keyboards, vocals

Barry Sless: guitar, pedal steel

Gloria Jones: vocals

Jackie LaBranch: vocals

Good crowd. My 1st time @ berkeley community theatre. Good punchy set. Al was fantastic with Help On The Way. Sless was outstanding as usual. Almost miss Herring. Gloria and Jackie are ALMOST locked in. Certain places they weren't exactly with it, Sunday's shows kept them locked away for the most part. A little more time with them and it'll be on. Mexico was pretty decent, it was good to see some moe. played, they didn't get it exactly, but i wouldn't want them to :wacko:

Saw the Dead with Steve Miller at Rich in 1992, loved that show!!!

Also saw that Dead with Sting at Rich as well, anyone else go to either of those shows?

339377[/snapback]

I was at both. A recent grad of Orchard Park HS in '91. The Steve Miller show was good but Sting was so much better. I think that one with Sting was great. Near the end of his opener, Jerry came out and they played "Tea In The Sahara" together (from Synchronicity) and it was pure magic. That was the highlight right there. Great tune and to have Jerry play the lead was awesome. Man, I would love to have a copy of that!!! Anybody know where to get that? Just checking! It was 1993 right?

I also had a buddy who lived on the corner of 20 and Abbott Road across from Salfranco's. Partied like a deadhead rock star and crawled to his house from the RICH. Fantastic - No driving required!!

Saw the Dead with Steve Miller at Rich in 1992, loved that show!!!

Also saw that Dead with Sting at Rich as well, anyone else go to either of those shows?

339377[/snapback]

Yes, I was at both of those. Also one with CSN, if I recall correctly.

I was playing hackey sack for 4-6 hours at each show. I believe the DVD show was the one where I got a horrible sunburn, and was very dehydrated (lost 11 pounds from leaving Rochester in the AM to returning around midnight). But, I had an awesome time.

Not Fade Away at the end was great. I also remember everyone mooing and baaaing like cows and sheep while being hurded out after the show. Good times!

http://bt.etree.org is pretty good as well. It's good for the bands that won't let their stuff go up on the archive , but don't mind tapers. Like Medeski, Martin & Wood, they aren't anti-taping, they just want the community to trade more versus just going somewhere to download.

Halloween in Las Vegas with that line up would be incredible.  Thats the kind of festival that will make you want to quit your job and start selling goo balls and veggie burritos out of the back of a van.

340167[/snapback]

It appears to be on. Look for an announcement in Mid-late June and tickets on-sale in July.

btw, Like the JB avitar.

BONNAROO UNDER A MONTH AWAY.

GO SUNS.

It appears to be on.  Look for an announcement in Mid-late June and tickets on-sale in July. 

btw, Like the JB avitar. 

BONNAROO UNDER A MONTH AWAY.

GO SUNS.

340491[/snapback]

Not going to make it to Baroo this year. If your going tell the kids there to keep their Sh#t straight. Word on the street is that there will lots of undercover FEDS among the crowd.

It is good to see so many heads around. I usually wear a Bills T-shirt to shows, and always have people coming up and saying "Hi" just because I'm wearing one. My buddies would actually start to count the respones I would get, it was pretty funny.

It is good to see so many heads around. I usually wear a Bills T-shirt to shows, and always have people coming up and saying "Hi" just because I'm wearing one. My buddies would actually start to count the respones I would get, it was pretty funny.

340529[/snapback]

I busted out the #21 for moe. in Vegas last year, awesome there was some folks out there for it, even better they bought me drinks.