OT - Don't let your girls grow up to be

Ahhh, sports parents. And people wonder why children become so unruly that teachers need to tape their mouths shut.

Anyone who would get that out of control over a child's game is in need of serious counseling. And a punch in the face.

Hardly surprised. Last year, I helped out with a coach pitch baseball team that my daughter was on. It's all instructional and not competitive. Still, I saw a few problem parents, who actually made their own kids uncomfortable with their antics.

My daughter wanted to concentrate on summer gymnastics this year and gave up baseball, because she didn't like some of " the angry parents ". Amazing perspective from a 9 year old.

Funny how supposed adults are blind to this assine behavior. :doh:

I am a ref for middle school and high school basketball along with some youth (3-6 grade) leagues. I am in college and have been doing this since 7th grade starting with 3rd graders, and in that time I have had countless experiences with crazy parents. I've been pushed and one of my crew mates has been spit at by parents when a game was in progress...both at 5th grade games. It's sad really.

That's just down the road from me. I'm coaching my son's little league team and have already been told that "some of the parents are REALLY disappointed in the coaching staff". I forwarded the e-mail on to the rest of the parents and was deluged with positive response to our coaching. Yes, that parent has a son that is not as good as the rest, and he never listens when we try to coach him. Parents do get nasty sometimes, wanting us to challenge every strike, out, etc. It's called "playing" baseball for a reason!

Girl's rugby coach beaten by parents in Sunny California.

http://cbs5.com/localwire/localfsnews/bcn/...ources_bcn_html

338227[/snapback]

I think the opposing team coach acted like a jackass for trying to 'hold down' the rohnert park parent.How stupid can you be.He was practically begging for retaliation by trying to be the big hero- He deserved an asskicking.

I think the opposing team coach acted like a jackass for trying to 'hold down' the rohnert park parent.How stupid can you be.He was practically begging for retaliation by trying to be the big hero- He deserved an asskicking.

338804[/snapback]

Who knows. But you think he deserved an asskicking for trying to control the guy who just assaulted the ref? The idea that it was a "rohnert park" parent should be fuggin irrelevant. If you're thinking that way, stay the heck away from kids sports. :D

I may even try to get you banned from ever attending a girls rugby game :flirt:

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/138/sports...ating_so:.shtml

A longtime high school art teacher was placed on indefinite leave Wednesday after he was charged with beating his daughter's softball coach with an aluminum bat during practice.

Mark Picard, a teacher at Notre Dame High School in West Haven, was upset his daughter was suspended from playing for violating team policy, police said. He allegedly assaulted John Crovo, the softball coach at Sacred Heart Academy.

Picard's daughter, Melanie, is a senior and the starting first baseman on the team. Sacred Heart Academy officials would not discuss the nature of her suspension, but Hamden police said the girl had skipped a recent game to attend a prom.

Who knows.  But you think he deserved an asskicking for trying to control the guy who just assaulted the ref?  The idea that it was a "rohnert park" parent should be fuggin irrelevant.  If you're thinking that way, stay the heck away from kids sports.  0:)

I may even try to get you banned from ever attending  a girls rugby game  :doh:

338866[/snapback]

I don't think you are seeing this clearly.When is the last time YOU held a man down like a big hero after he punched someone??--and when he had a bunch of pissed off supporters right there??--It wasnt as if there werent eyewitnesses and they wouldnt have been able to charge him with assault--Its not like the guy would have 'escaped'.Why in the hell would a grown man at a sporting event try to HOLD DOWN and humiliate another man in that environment??? sounds like he was trying to be some weird sort of hero. he was trying to 'CONTROL" the guy by holding him down on the ground until police arrived???---sounds nutty...-I AM BY NO MEANS approving of what the dunce who punched the ref did. He should be charged.

I don't think you are seeing this clearly.When is the last time YOU held a man down like a big hero after he punched someone??--and when he had a bunch of pissed off supporters right there??--It wasnt as if there werent eyewitnesses and they wouldnt have been able to charge him with assault--Its not like the guy  would have 'escaped'.Why in the hell would a grown man at a sporting event try to HOLD DOWN and humiliate another man in that environment??? sounds like he was trying to be some weird sort of hero. he was trying to 'CONTROL" the guy by holding him down on the ground until police arrived???---sounds nutty...-I AM BY NO MEANS approving of what the dunce who punched the ref did. He should be charged.

339929[/snapback]

In my world, a guy who punches the ref at a kids sports event doesn't have a bunch of pissed off supporters. At best, he's got some embarrased friends trying to pretend they don't know him.

If he hasn't calmed down and wants to keep attacking the ref, what would you do? Trying to control the guy seems reasonable to me.

I would agree with you if the idiot had calmed down and wasn't still going after the ref - I had assumed he was tackled by the other fan to prevent him from hitting the ref again.

I definitely wouldn't be worried about humiliating a guy who had just punched a ref at a girls rugby game.

In my world, a guy who punches the ref at a kids sports event doesn't have a bunch of pissed off supporters.  At best, he's got some embarrased friends trying to pretend they don't know him.

If he hasn't calmed down and wants to keep attacking the ref, what would you do?  Trying to control the guy seems reasonable to me.

I would agree with you if the idiot had calmed down and wasn't still going after the ref - I had assumed he was tackled by the other fan to prevent him from hitting the ref again.

I definitely wouldn't be worried about humiliating a guy who had just punched a ref at a girls rugby game.

340165[/snapback]

Good points...-I think we basically agree