office space movie

I think that Office Space is freaking hilarious, but I have loaned it to some who hated it. Maybe you have to have experience working in an office to get it.

My favorite part is when the consultant is telling Peter who is being let go and he gets stumped by the Indian name. "Naga...Naga...well Notgonnaworkhereanymore". :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my real question is... do any of you all find that movie obsene?

ill explain the question.

i recently loaned the DVD to my mom and dad to watch. (i was there for some of it).

and i had forgotten how much cursing and sex talk there was, (i dont even realize some people find it offensive, its just normal talk to me). but i could tell my mom and dad didnt like it to much...

then the kicker..

BOOBIES.  :)

of all the times ive see that movie i had NO IDEA there was a pair of those in the movie... so i was alittle surprised to see that pop up as im sitting there watching this with my moms and pops... (its strange, cus thats usually the 1 thing i remember about movies.  :lol:  )

i thaught they would like the classic office job movie, since my dad has been working in an office for 20+ years. (i know i did, since i recently got a job in an office).

so what do yall think of the movie????

i think its funny as hell, but do you think its to much cursing and "sex talk"??  :D

to me that just adds to its greatness. but thats just me... :)

337793[/snapback]

Just don't show them your oh-face.

thats what i thaugth to, till im sitting there with my mom and dad, and BAM

BOOBIES... nice ones, but it was a little wierd at the time.

Peter is thinking of how to get out of working on the weekend, and his neighbor yells:

"turn to channel 36, its the breast exam".  BOOBIES  :D

then he says: "can you atleast pretend you cant hear me through the wall, if you want to hangout, just come over"...

337817[/snapback]

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.

Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.

Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.

Lawrence: Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.

Peter Gibbons: Good point.

Lawrence: Well what about you now? what would you do?

Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Well yeah.

Peter Gibbons: Nothing.

Lawrence: Nothing, huh?

Peter Gibbons: I'd relax, I would sit on my ass all day, I would do nothing.

Lawrence: Well you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Just take a look at my cousin, he's broke, don't do s#it.

Office Space is one of my very favorite movies, one that I can watch any time.

I did not realize there were boobs in it, and like our brothers here have stated, it must be a hell of a good movie if you fail to remember breast scenes.

"Yeaaaah, Peter, we gonna kind of need you to come in on Saturday...

Yeaaaah, that'd be great."

Classic stuff (especially if you have ever worked in such situations). I can see where parents might not get it, though. Or might take offense here and there.

Peter, What's happening....

Office Space is one of those movies you can use as a character barometer - if the people you work with tell you they didn't get it or didn't think it was funny, it's time to move on...

Giant magazine had a good article on the cast of Office Space last month. Their web site has a little bit of it:

http://www.giantmag.com/help/framesetHandl...officespace.php

I live the opening driving scene (where the old lady with the walker is moving faster than the traffic) every morning. I think about the movie during that almost daily.

337864[/snapback]

Yup same here. I live that morning drive. Every day. My "Corporate accounts payable...." lady is the chinese man to the left of me that hums. Eight hours a day. Every day.

I actually live that whole freaking movie. From the drive, to the "jeff can you come in on saturday?"

Scary.

-Jeff

I think that Office Space is freaking hilarious, but I have loaned it to some who hated it.  Maybe you have to have experience working in an office to get it.

My favorite part is when the consultant is telling Peter who is being let go and he gets stumped by the Indian name.  "Naga...Naga...well Notgonnaworkhereanymore". :doh:

337912[/snapback]

Haha, that's my favorite line.

I hate it when that happens.

Take the Sopranos - filthy language and occasional violence you can count on, but it's usually nothing more than that, so I'll watch an episode w/ my parents, no bid deal. Of course that one episode showed Tony doing his mistress about 5 minutes in to the show. I don't know how long the scene was, but if felt like 45 minutes.

Gavin - what's the story behind that avatar? I've seen it on other sites as well. I like it.

Is it a Swingline or a Bostich?

:doh:

I wish I still sat over there  <<<<.....I wonder if the squirrels are still married....

:doh:

338323[/snapback]

Milton Waddams: [talking on the phone] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

Milton Waddams: [talking on the phone] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

338421[/snapback]

I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven

I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven

338470[/snapback]

:D

if i started mumbling like that, my coworkers would start to freak out...

I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler,

338421[/snapback]

Married? I thought it was "merry". Great, now I have to watch it again.... :D

Peter, What's happening....

Office Space is one of those movies you can use as a character barometer - if the  people you work with tell you they didn't get it or didn't think it was funny,  it's time to move on...

Giant magazine had a good article on the cast of Office Space last month. Their web site has a little bit of it:

http://www.giantmag.com/help/framesetHandl...officespace.php

338198[/snapback]

Cool link. thanks for that.

Mmmm Yeahhhh.

Bob Slydell: Milton Waddams.

Dom Portwood: Who's he?

Bob Porter: You know, squirrely looking guy, mumbles a lot.

Dom Portwood: Oh, yeah.

Bob Slydell: Yeah, we can't actually find a record of him being a current employee here.

Bob Porter: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off five years ago and no one ever told him, but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck.

Bob Slydell: So we just went a ahead and fixed the glitch.

Bill Lumbergh: Great.

Dom Portwood: So um, Milton has been let go?

Bob Slydell: Well just a second there, professor. We uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.

Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem solved from your end.

:D:flirt: