THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - They Are Who We Thought They Were

Shaw66

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I agree with this.

I WILL say, though, that to me, it's Josh and Mahomes, and then everyone else.

If you're breaking QBs into tiers, Josh and Mahomes share the top tier all by themselves. As recently as last season, I would've put Brady and Rodgers in that tier, but not this season.

For me, it would be something like...

Patrick Mahomes

Josh Allen

-----------------------

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Lamar Jackson

-----------------------

Justin Herbert

Joe Burrow

-----------------------

Russell Wilson

Derek Carr

Dak Prescott

WHy do we continue to disrespect  Herbert  ?

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

WHy do we continue to disrespect  Herbert  ?

I don't feel as though listing him as the 6th best quarterback or so in the NFL is disrespecting him.

Personally, I haven't seen him do enough yet to say that he's firmly in the top tier or two of NFL quarterbacks. His career trajectory suggests that he will be at some point, but until I see him win a playoff game or two, it's hard for me to say he belongs with the guys mentioned above him.

I also haven't seen Herbert single-handedly take over games the way that the guys above him can, at least not consistently.

Going case by case with the guys I listed above him: I don't think he's on the same level as Josh or Mahomes currently. I don't think he's on the level of first ballot Hall of Famers Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. I don't think he's the galactic, unstoppable force that Lamar Jackson (who has already won a league MVP, by the way) can be at times.

He and Burrow, to me, are in the "next great QBs" tier. Likely to ascend to the top of the mountain with the other guys, but not there yet. No disrespect intended.

6 hours ago, Logic said:

I don't feel as though listing him as the 6th best quarterback or so in the NFL is disrespecting him.

Personally, I haven't seen him do enough yet to say that he's firmly in the top tier or two of NFL quarterbacks. His career trajectory suggests that he will be at some point, but until I see him win a playoff game or two, it's hard for me to say he belongs with the guys mentioned above him.

I also haven't seen Herbert single-handedly take over games the way that the guys above him can, at least not consistently.

Going case by case with the guys I listed above him: I don't think he's on the same level as Josh or Mahomes currently. I don't think he's on the level of first ballot Hall of Famers Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. I don't think he's the galactic, unstoppable force that Lamar Jackson (who has already won a league MVP, by the way) can be at times.

He and Burrow, to me, are in the "next great QBs" tier. Likely to ascend to the top of the mountain with the other guys, but not there yet. No disrespect intended.

I agree with you.   It's a little odd to have so many different categories, separating just six QBs at the top, but I think you nailed it.  

Mahomes and Allen haven't had the careers of Brady and Rodgers, but right now, if you had to pick a guy to be your QB for one game for all the marbles, I think you have to pick Allen or Mahomes.  

And, as you say, I think taking over games is what separates your top 4 from Herbert and Burrows.   At the end of the KC-Bills playoff game last season, you top four are the only QBs you would have wanted on your team.   If you asked a Ravens fan with four minutes left on Sunday, would you rather the Bills had Allen or Herbert, the Ravens fan would have said, "Are you kidding?"

Allen and Mahomes are the super heroes in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/3/2022 at 2:30 AM, ganesh said:

I think this is more an issue of the Bills coaching staff than Cook.  I think the coaching staff want to have a short-yardage back and hence keep adding Moss to the game day roster and force fed him with the ball.  Instead, I think the Bills should take a gamble and get Cook involved as a. WR / RB in every play.  The threat of that kind of speed always will force Defenses to account for him.    As the commentators were repeatedly saying...the bills Running game is the short pass to the RBs...either in the flat or a screen or just a dump off....Bring on James Cook.... Speed kills in the NFL.

PS: I think James may have a bigger role in next Sunday's home game against the Steelers if Crowder and McKenzie are limited. 

In June/July, people were going to be happy if the Bills were 3-4 heading into the bye....due to the brutal start to the season for both playing tough opponents as well playing more on the road.     A 3-1 record with 2 wins coming on the road should be considered fantastic by the Bills Mafia

Crowder is out for the year with a broken ankle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.