Willie McGinest's sack

Does anyone think that McGinest hit Manning around the head on his sack?  Seems to me that everytime I saw that last year it was a flag.

25156[/snapback]

In any other situation...maybe.

But there isn't a ref in the league that would call that BS penality when it would decide the game (as this one would have) unless it was really, really blatent.

No problem with the hit. He collared him, but no blow to the head. Manning also flinched, given another second he would have been in the fetal position. In other words he lowered himself, so a hit that would have been below the pads was around the neck.

Stupid play by Manning, stupid protection scheme--unless someone blew their assignment. The fullback on the play just breezed by WM into the flat. He should have at least chipped him to slow him a bit. If DB took a sack like that at a critical point in the game (none more critical) this place would go absolutely nuts. :unsure: Wonder how Colts fans are reacting?

What was a penalty, however, was Rodney Harrison's sack. He left his feet to hit Manning in the head

He also went right after Manning's knees with very bad intentions when Peyton waggled out there nekkid on 3rd down and ran for the conversion. 'Ol Peyton was pissed about it too.

The more I watch Harrison the more I want to marry him ;-)

Cya

He also went right after Manning's knees with very bad intentions when Peyton waggled out there nekkid on 3rd down and ran for the conversion. 'Ol Peyton was pissed about it too.

The more I watch Harrison the more I want to marry him ;-)

Cya

25244[/snapback]

Woah - how else was he supposed to tackle him on that play?

That was a GREAT call in that situation, BTW.

Woah - how else was he supposed to tackle him on that play?

lmao, yeah how could an NFL safety possibly have run down a speedster like Manning when he had a good angle and Peyton was a whole 8" from the sideline? :unsure:

That was a vicious and intentional move on Harrison's part and Manning was pissed off for good reason.

I loved it!

That was a GREAT call in that situation, BTW.

They nailed us with that 2-3 years ago and Manning went around left end and ran for what had to be close to a 40yrd TD! Boy was I chuckling watching him trying to lumber that far;-)

lmao, yeah how could an NFL safety possibly have run down a speedster like Manning when he had a good angle and Peyton was a whole 8" from the sideline? :unsure:

That was a vicious and intentional move on Harrison's part and Manning was pissed off for good reason.

I loved it!

They nailed us with that 2-3 years ago and Manning went around left end and ran for what had to be close to a 40yrd TD! Boy was I chuckling watching him trying to lumber that far;-)

25293[/snapback]

I would despise Rodney Harrison with the heat of a thousand suns if he wasn't a Patriot. Fair point.