Whoa, hold the phone! Titans still have an

I found this little quote on the Red Zone. Henry's value isn't dead yet by the sound of this.

Titans keeping eye on Henry: The Bills continue to hold on to disgruntled running back Travis Henry, and the Titans are among the teams who would trade for him if the deal is right.

The Titans and Bills discussed a trade for Henry during the NFL Draft, and General Manager Floyd Reese and Bills GM Tom Donohoe have had some dialogue since.

''My gut is I think if they can't get what they were looking for during the draft, then I am almost thinking they are going to keep him,'' Reese said. ''But I don't know that.''

Reese said the Bills initially wanted a second- or third- round pick. Reese said the Titans offered the Bills a fifth-round pick and the Bills balked.

Would the Titans still take in Henry, a former University of Tennessee star?

''If I can get him at a decent price, yeah,'' Reese said.

What could possibly be worked out for him? Troupe would look good in a Bills' uniform but I'm sure we would have to toss something else in the pot for him. I like the part that Reese and Donahoe have had some dialogue since the draft. Any suggestions on what we could get in return?

>>>>Any suggestions on what we could get in return?<<<<

The article you quoted seems to speak for itself. TD, if the article is true, was offered a 5th round pick in a draft that was said to be weak for Travis Henry.

To answer your question in terms of my opinion, perhaps if a team was desperate due to a freak injury to a RB, etc., the Bills would be able to salvage a 4th at best, but this (again imo) is wishful thinking.

If this draft didn't prove that the market value for this player is very limited, I truly dont know what will (unless he is cut before the season).

Henry is worth a 3rd round pick and nothing less of that. If we can't get a 3rd or better lets keep him!

336697[/snapback]

Frez, not to break your shoes, but IF he refuses to practice and show up to camp, if we keep him, what would you like the Bills to do with him? :lol:

Why not package him with a future pick and/or another player for a higher caliber player in return to fill a need? I think one thing is for certain, Henry has to go. This situation has already caused too much of a distraction.

Why not package him with a future pick and/or another player for a higher caliber player in return to fill a need? I think one thing is fo9r certain, Henry has to go. This situation has already caused too much of a distraction.

336704[/snapback]

Please dont take this as an insult in any way. This is football talk, OK? :lol:

Your post is VERY hypothetical. I agree 100% that Henry must and will be gone, but I am asking you to accept the fact that perhaps you are crediting him with having WAY more value than logic would indicate.

He is a flawed RB with a history of off field issues, injuries, and an attitude problem to boot. He had TD AND his agent trying to work out a deal and none was forthcoming. This is fact.

I applaud you for thinking of ways to improve the Bills. I do the same thing but imo, 1 million dollars in cap space looks better than a disgruntled idiot wearing the uniform of the Buffalo Bills Football Team......the team with the greatest fans of any team in any sport! :doh:

Imo, TH will be gone under any conditions, and easy to replace.

Frez, not to break your shoes, but IF he refuses to practice and show up to camp, if we keep him, what would you like the Bills to do with him?  :lol:

336699[/snapback]

So, giving him away is ok with you? :doh:

Bill, I don't take offense at all. When you state that the post is hypothetical, so is most of this message board. That's the beauty of it, to discuss thoughts and ideas. Travis Henry certainly has SOME kind of value and to say that a draft pick and/or another player could net us a return on a higher caliber player is not unreasonable. The higher powers can and will determine the value of such a trade if it were to be. Bottom line is that TH situation is really starting to become a very big problem imo. It's time to start reaccessing the overall picture. If that means for us to trade Henry and/or a player to fill a need then I think Buffalo would be better off to rid themselves of this potental headache. Hey, thanks for your input it's appreciated.

Why not package him with a future pick and/or another player for a higher caliber player in return to fill a need? I think one thing is for certain, Henry has to go. This situation has already caused too much of a distraction.

336704[/snapback]

i don't think it's causing a distraction for anyone other than the fans and media. a 2nd stringer is holding out. do you think the players even care? TD knows that if henry sits this year he commits career suicide. i, for one, applaud the fact that the bills are trying to get something of value for TH and not simply jumping at any offer just to get rid of him. sooner or later you'd figure TH and his agent will get the picture -- his value is not what they think it is. once that happens, TH returns to the bills and accepts his backup role, knowing he'll have the opportunity as a FA next season.

honestly, i don't know why folks are getting themselves so worked up over this. none of the bills' veterans are going to let TH disrupt the locker room or mess with the chemistry they're building if he returns.

Nope, TD scares the hell out of me these days. how about you?

336717[/snapback]

Not really Frez. He made the move to go with JP. I was against it. I didn't even support the trade to acquire him, but it is a done deal, and there is zero reason to think that I know as much about football as TD. :lol:

I am unable to visualize any scenario in which Travis Henry will be a part of the Bill's plans in 05. I look beyond the 2 seasons in which TH posted good running stats and focus on his overall picture.....which does include fumbles, a missed team flight to a Miami game, an illegal sexual episode, missed blocks, running wrong pass routes, sliding on his ass (untouched) on crucial plays, bankrupcy, injuries, missing camp, etc. Throw in his record as a starter for the Buffalo Bills (which is FAR worse than that of Drew), and we have ourselves a chronic loser imo.

If the above is OK by you, we should politely agree to disagree.

Again, if he had any tangible value, he would be gone; but he is still on the roster, missing camp and being the mentally challenged loser that we have come to expect him to be.

His value is demonstrably limited as evidenced by the 05 draft.

I have a hard time blaming this on TD.

Henry is worth a 3rd round pick and nothing less of that. If we can't get a 3rd or better lets keep him!

336697[/snapback]

I'm with you! Personally, I think he's worth a 2nd rounder even though he's only made 2 PB. Anything less than a 3rd is utter rot.

Please dont take this as an insult in any way. This is football talk, OK?  :doh:

Your post is VERY hypothetical. I agree 100% that Henry must and will be gone, but I am asking you to accept the fact that perhaps you are crediting him with having WAY more value than logic would indicate.

He is a flawed RB with a history of off field issues, injuries, and an attitude problem to boot. He had TD AND his agent trying to work out a deal and none was forthcoming. This is fact.

I applaud you for thinking of ways to improve the Bills. I do the same thing but imo, 1 million dollars in cap space looks better than a disgruntled idiot wearing the uniform of the Buffalo Bills Football Team......the team with the greatest fans of any team in any sport!  :doh:

Imo, TH will be gone under any conditions, and easy to replace.

336707[/snapback]

Man, the only "personal" issue you have with Travis is deluding yourself by thinking he's a pedo! You have the rest of this board think that he lives in Neverland Ranch and is in court these days!!! :lol:

He's admitted to having relations with a minor but he has no history of it. Your hate has blinded you to this fact. Please direct your anger to a more appopriate source such as the Catholic Church! It will do more good there.

He's played with injuries in case you've forgotten and was the team MVP more than once. Henry has bitched and moaned since the team was unable to get a deal done, no one denies that but to claim he had an attitude problem or became a cancer during the season is pretty stupid. He was a man about the whole thing until his agent has gotten into his ear since that debacle vs. the Stillers.

And it is within TD's right get a deal better than you could possibly imagine. Our front office should be the one to take advantage of other franchises foolish mistakes so that we may prosper. If TD just out right released him, WNY would be all over his ass and justifiably so.

You need to use alot more logic and alot less personal feeling.

Man, the only "personal" issue you have with Travis is deluding yourself by thinking he's a pedo!  You have the rest of this board think that he lives in Neverland Ranch and is in court these days!!!    :lol:

He's admitted to having relations with a minor but he has no history of it.  Your hate has blinded you to this fact.  Please direct your anger to a more appopriate source such as the Catholic Church!  It will do more good there. 

He's played with injuries in case you've forgotten and was the team MVP more than once.  Henry has bitched and moaned since the team was unable to get a deal done, no one denies that but to claim he had an attitude problem or became a cancer during the season is pretty stupid.  He was a man about the whole thing until his agent has gotten into his ear since that debacle vs. the Stillers.

And it is within TD's right get a deal better than you could possibly imagine.  Our front office should be the one to take advantage of other franchises foolish mistakes so that we may prosper.  If TD just out right released him, WNY would be all over his ass and justifiably so.

You need to use alot more logic and alot less personal feeling.

336759[/snapback]

Amen. Crucifixion ain't no fiction.

The Henry debate has been raging on for sometime now and there has been several perspectives on his value and on how to resolve this situation. If Henry does not have enough value to bring Buffalo a fair and needed return in either for a player or a future draft pick then he should be kept for insurance as a back-up for MaGahee right? Surely no one thinks that he should be cut outright do they?

I'm assuming that the afore mentioned resolutions are accurate. Based on this, I have a question then. If MaGahee were to ever go down with a season or even a career ending injury, does anyone really think that TH would be the solution for the Bills? Let's face it, he fumbles, he stumbles and he bumbles. While there might not be another MaGahee on the roster, I think that Buffalo has other RBs that are closer to TH's abilities than TH is to MaGahee. The most that we have Henry for is one more season. If we ever lost MaGahee we'd have a considerable drop off at this position. Period.

Man, the only "personal" issue you have with Travis is deluding yourself by thinking he's a pedo!  You have the rest of this board think that he lives in Neverland Ranch and is in court these days!!!

Most people who have a "personal issue" with Travis because of that unfortunate incident are those with daughters. But hopefully THEY have the good sense to teach their daughters NOT to hang-around gas stations, and lie about their age in order to proposition strange men for sex (you know, the type of girls the founding fathers had in-mind when they wrote the statutory rape laws :lol: ). But hey, this is America! Better to blame the other guy instead of taking reponsibility for your actions or the actions of your kids.

Not really Frez. He made the move to go with JP. I was against it. I didn't even support the trade to acquire him, but it is a done deal, and there is zero reason to think that I know as much about football as TD.  :lol:

I am unable to visualize any scenario in which Travis Henry will be a part of the Bill's plans in 05. I look beyond the 2 seasons in which TH posted good running stats and focus on his overall picture.....which does include fumbles, a missed team flight to a Miami game, an illegal sexual episode, missed blocks, running wrong pass routes, sliding on his ass (untouched) on crucial plays, bankrupcy, injuries, missing camp, etc. Throw in his record as a starter for the Buffalo Bills (which is FAR worse than that of Drew), and we have ourselves a chronic loser imo.

If the above is OK by you, we should politely agree to disagree.

Again, if he had any tangible value, he would be gone; but he is still on the roster, missing camp and being the mentally challenged loser that we have come to expect him to be.

His value is demonstrably limited as evidenced by the 05 draft.

I have a hard time blaming this on TD.

336744[/snapback]

I think the thing that is rationally difficult to argue with is that the Henry situation is not cut and dried one way or the other.

It certainly does not strike me as rational to view Henry as the greatest RB on the planet or even a player who would draw a 1st round pick in trade value. However, it strikes me as only slightly more reasonable but still pretty irrational to say he has no trade value, should be cut immediately or to insist that there is no way TD will get the 2nd round value he has placed on him or at least a third round choice since I assume he was negotiating high by declaring he wanted a 2nd for him,

I think that TH gaining over 1300 yards rushing 2 seasons in a row is no fluke and that the vast majority of NFL RBs have proven not be capable of getting this tyoe if rushing production.

I think it was simply a fact that he was a hero for a season or so to most Bills fans as he played on through a painful injury and proved productive in gaining yards rushing despite the injury.

I think that he has some bad drops as a receiver but when emploued as a receiver in 2002 he took in over 40 catches and this factual occurences is not overshadowed at all by the opinion of some that he has trouble catching the ball. He did have big problems with fumbling his second year and there is nothing in terms of the facts of his receiving that are anywhere near this actual "trouble" which he actually improved on.

I think the assertion that he has blitz pick-up problems is overblown as well. He did (like most rookies including WM struggle with blitz pick-up his rookie year as he failure to do this resulted in a sack in the initial game of his initial season. However, like most players he improved on this with time and this is evidenced as it not being an issue raised much or at all in his 2nd and 3rd seasons and only reared its head as part of the thrown together list of indictments of Henry from some posters (many of which like the claims he is a hardened pedophike are simply not supported by the facts, if he slept with a minor because he is stupid enough to be fooled when a youngster says she is above age he is not necessarily a pedophile. If he seeks out minors and has sex with them he is a pedophile. I think there is no evidence that he slept with a minor because he is a pedophile.

Henry is far from perfect as a player. However, like most commodities his trade value will be determined in the end by supply and demand, Given his contractual status and that of other former Pro Bowl RBs TD will command the supply side fo RBs. They key to getting good value for him is not his produdtion as a player, it is the extent to which demand is high enough because team's feel they need a former Pro Bolwer at RB and quite frankly demand will go through the roof for him if injury strikes teams badly.

The idea that he is cut and dried great or cut and dried sucks simply seems to be irrational non-football thinking to me.