Josh Allen vs Chuck Norris

Irv

11 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Did not know that.

His foundation is Tang Soo Do (a kind of Korean Shotokan). He began to train TSD while stationed in Korea w the USAF.

Chuck Norris first started in Judo while in South Korea but had a minor injury that sidelined him so he started studying Tang-Soo-Do (Way Of The China Hand).

In 1966 Chuck Norris formed American Tang-Soo-Do which is a combination of Moo Duck Kwan style of Tang-Soo-Do as well as Judo and Shotokan karate, which is where the Shotokan influence comes from. It has evolved since then and incorporates other styles.

The current system Chuck Norris practices now is called "Chuck Kuk Do" which has a tournament in Nevada every year.

These are Chuck Norris personal codes that has developed as part of his Chuck Kuk Do system:

I will develop myself to the maximum of my potential in all ways

I will forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements

I will continually work at developing love, happiness and loyalty in my family

I will look for the good in all people and make them feel worthwhile

If I have nothing good to say about a person, I will say nothing

I will always be as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own

I will maintain an attitude of open-mindedness

I will maintain respect for those in authority and demonstrate this respect at all times

I will always remain loyal to my God, my country, family and my friends

I will remain highly goal-oriented throughout my life because that positive attitude helps my family, my country and myself

When Chuck Norris went to study BJJ with Gracies there is a misconception that he went there as a "challenge" or some other such nonsense. Chuck Norris conducted himself as he would in any Dojo or in the Korean "DoJan" and that was with humility and respect. Think he visited the Gracies in 1988 and was so impressed that he invited them to come teach his students in America.

Edited by Mikey

Guys lets try and not start threads like this. Remember about 32 years ago when someone made a joke about Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith being able to beat up Chuck Norris?

Chuck was in California, found out about the joke and ax kicked the wind so hard that it caused such a gust of wind that made its way all the way to Tampa where that gust of wind shifted Scott Norwood's field goal wide right. 

Edited by Mikey
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.