Obstructionist party stikes again

Story about the obstructionist barbara boxer shorts

It seems that this is all the democrates are capable of....obstructing. Can you name one constructive thing they have accomplished in the past 5 years?

They spend soooo much time and energy on these obstruction tatics that they cannot possibly take a positive position on anything.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question. Who is doing a better job of representing their constituancy, the Dems for trying to stand up for what they believe in, or the Reps who have several members who criticize Bolton's appointment, yet vote in his favor anyway?

Sen. Voinovich (R-OHIO), who stated that Bolton is "the poster-child of what someone in the diplomatic corps should not be," originally delayed (aka OBSTRUCTED) the vote back in April...yet ended up voting along party lines anyway.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/04/19/bolton.senate/

Although I am suprised that you didn't know this Rich, given that he is YOUR senator.

I don't care who is wrong or right here, I just care that the best interest of the US is kept in mind. Oh well.

Here's a question. Who is doing a better job of representing their constituancy, the Dems for trying to stand up for what they believe in, or the Reps who have several members who criticize Bolton's appointment, yet vote in his favor anyway?

Good point. The Republicans have certainly not been acting in my best interests for the past 4+ years.

Sen. Voinovich (R-OHIO), who stated that Bolton is "the poster-child of what someone in the diplomatic corps should not be," originally delayed (aka OBSTRUCTED) the vote back in April...yet ended up voting along party lines anyway.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/04/19/bolton.senate/

Although I am suprised that you didn't know this Rich, given that he is YOUR senator.

I don't care who is wrong or right here, I just care that the best interest of the US is kept in mind. Oh well.

335804[/snapback]

My point is that the dems are not representing thier constituents at all. Simply obstructing with no real purpose other then to fulfill their agenda of everything anti GWB. This is very easy to see.

regarding your point about voinovich PLEASE do not asscoiate me with that bastard. There are only two republicans in Ohio who have run for statewide office and that I have worked against. That bastard and the other liar john kaisch. Both of them would better serve the democrat party, and I do not and would not claim either of them.

Please keep in mind...any time that you see a party senator holding up something that is obvious even to our pre teen children there is typically a demand that they have behind the scenes. This is absolutely the case with voinivich and he is playing his cards the way that he thinks it will best suit him. In the end he will lose, and so will Ohio. Unfourtuntely that has been the case since he has been here. Simply not liked by the current administration.

A big problem is with the Republicans in charge of every commitee, there is no way for a democrat to get anything out of commitee to the floor. So you have Tom Delay saying that they have no ideas, and are standing in the way. For my money, even if they are standing in the way, it is worth it.

Note: bankruptcy bill

appointments such as bolton

privitizing social security

clear skies initiatives (pollution licences) etc.

The real question is why have the republicans refused to stick to a fiscally conservative agenda when there is so little to stand in their way.

I think the answer is that power corrupts

A big problem is with the Republicans in charge of every commitee, there is no way for a democrat to get anything out of commitee to the floor. So you have Tom Delay saying that they have no ideas, and are standing in the way. For my money, even if they are standing in the way, it is worth it.

Note: bankruptcy bill

appointments such as bolton

privitizing social security

clear skies initiatives (pollution licences) etc.

The real question is why have the republicans refused to stick to a fiscally conservative agenda when there is so little to stand in their way.

I think the answer is that power corrupts

335944[/snapback]

I'm glad they are obstructionists... someone has to stop the destruction party.

I can't think of one great thing this admin has done accept for the "Do Not Call List".

Can anyone think of one?

I can't think of one great thing this admin has done accept for the "Do Not Call List".

Can anyone think of one?

335950[/snapback]

So, the Dem contribution is making sure nothing gets accomplished?

Can anyone think of one?

335950[/snapback]

Lowering my taxes was pretty cool. Oh and by the way, they lowered yours too. :o

Can anyone think of one?

335950[/snapback]

The first true modernization of defense strategy and the alignment and utilization of forces in more than 25 years, basing National Defense and Homeland Defense on joint capabilities, using all elements of national power rather than component force set piece strategy that may or may not work. Using an adaptive approach to planning and strategy rather than deliberate set piece plans that may not work when the first shot is fired. Developing and implementing a new theory towards the aquisition process that over the course of the next 6 years will not only provide like capabilities to all forces but will reduce or eliminate redundancy, identify gaps and develope solutions all of which will save the taxpayer billions over the old methods.

There's about 10 paragraphs more, and that's just the Department of Defense.

accomplished? What are they trying to accomplish? All I see is radical self serving legislation.

335959[/snapback]

...and where is the Dem contribution to make things better for their constituents?

The first true modernization of defense strategy and the alignment and utilization of forces in more than 25 years, basing National Defense and Homeland Defense on joint capabilities, using all elements of national power rather than component force set piece strategy that may or may not work. Using an adaptive approach to planning and strategy rather than deliberate set piece plans that may not work when the first shot is fired. Developing and implementing a new theory towards the aquisition process that over the course of the next 6 years will not only provide like capabilities to all forces but will reduce or eliminate redundancy, identify gaps and develope solutions all of which will save the taxpayer billions over the old methods.

335967[/snapback]

Watch it...he's going to accuse you of not thinking for yourself now... :o

Does it really take a nimrod like ME to interpret "accomplished? What are they trying to accomplish? All I see is radical self serving legislation." for youz?

Come on......

HALLIBURTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

335967[/snapback]

Hey, you have absolutely no qualifications to be discussing this stuff. Now, point your browser to MoveOn.org and educate yourself. :o

Lowering my taxes was pretty cool.  Oh and by the way, they lowered yours too.  :o

335966[/snapback]

I'd gladly give it back, I think it was totally irresponsible... especially in a time of war, record deficits and spending etc.

335967[/snapback]

yeah whatever....but where's Osama?!?!?!?

:o