Sabres

Ha, good stuff, but just isn't the same.

Toronto is the team we beat in '99 to make it to the CUP Finals. Only to lose in 6 games with a God$@#^&@$(%@!!Damn Crease Violation!!!! NO GOAL!

Hopefully, they can SIMULATE that again. Bam! Take that all you Leaf heads!

Funny ... I just completed an anti-EA rant in the XBox/Madden topic and then I read this. Only an EA sports game could simulate the Sabres on the verge of going into the finals this year. If I were their Vancouver development studio, I'd start paying this source off to stop the simulation before we actually win the Cup.

http://www.cp.org/premium/ONLINE/member/ho...2/h051215A.html :doh:

Who's going to the game Saturday night? :D

335091[/snapback]

I think virtual Lindy Ruff, should start mixing up his virtual checking line.

If they loose this one, I think virtual Lindy could be replaced by a virtual replacement for next years virtual sabres.

And when are they going to the virtual throwback uniforms.

Blue and Gold, baby.

Remember it?

I was sitting in the 20th row with my Dad right behind Shields  :D

335488[/snapback]

R Jen* is the best damn announcer in all of hockey. Man I miss hockey and hockey hotline

R Jen* is the best damn announcer in all of hockey.  Man I miss hockey and hockey hotline

335526[/snapback]

Hockey Hotline was classic!!!! And Rick J is a legend, he has a knack for making an ordinary hockey game sound just a little more exciting with the energy he brings to his broadcasts. It will be a very sad day when Rick J is no longer with the Sabres.

they blanket unibrow in the playoff. he is our only threat, so they stick all 5 defensive guys on him each shift. the other clowns on his line shoot the puck into the crowd 80% of the time.

andrychuck was called the tin man in buffalo - as he never scored any goals in the playoff - he was heartless. but in tampa and in NJ he blossomed. strange...but we got lafontaine for him!

Well, we know it's fantasy if Satan is scoring big goals in the playoffs.

335096[/snapback]

they blanket unibrow in the playoff.  he is our only threat, so they stick all 5 defensive guys on him each shift.  the other clowns on his line shoot the puck into the crowd 80% of the time.

andrychuck was called the tin man in buffalo - as he never scored any goals in the playoff - he was heartless.  but in tampa and in NJ he blossomed.  strange...but we got lafontaine for him!

335945[/snapback]

Wait, didnt the Sabres get Patty L for Turgeon in a monster trade???

Wait, didnt the Sabres get Patty L for Turgeon in a monster trade???

335985[/snapback]

Yes.

10-25-1991 Pierre turgeon, uwe krupp, benoit houge, and dave mclwain to NYI for pat lafontaine, randy wood, randy hillier, 1992 4th round pick (dean melanson)

as for andrychuck...

2-9-1993 dave andrychuck, daren puppa, 1993 1st round pick (kenny jonsson) to toronto for grant fuhr, 1995 5th round pick (kevin popp)

The most lopsided trade in NHL history is this set of trades

June 15,1992

Christian Ruuttu and Future Considerations to Winnipeg for Stephane Beaureguard

August 07,1992

Stephane Beauregard and a 1993 4th round draft pick to Chicago (Eric Daze) for Dominik Hasek

--no comment!

http://www.sabresfans.com/history/Trade.asp

Yes. 

10-25-1991  Pierre turgeon, uwe krupp, benoit houge, and dave mclwain to NYI for pat lafontaine, randy wood, randy hillier, 1992 4th round pick (dean melanson)

as for andrychuck...

2-9-1993  dave andrychuck, daren puppa, 1993 1st round pick (kenny jonsson) to toronto for grant fuhr, 1995 5th round pick (kevin popp)

June 15,1992

August 07,1992

Stephane Beauregard and a 1993 4th round draft pick to Chicago (Eric Daze) for Dominik Hasek

--no comment!

336456[/snapback]

Yes. 

10-25-1991  Pierre turgeon, uwe krupp, benoit houge, and dave mclwain to NYI for pat lafontaine, randy wood, randy hillier, 1992 4th round pick (dean melanson)

as for andrychuck...

2-9-1993  dave andrychuck, daren puppa, 1993 1st round pick (kenny jonsson) to toronto for grant fuhr, 1995 5th round pick (kevin popp)

June 15,1992

August 07,1992

--no comment!

336456[/snapback]

Yes, looking back, those trades ended up being awesome. Was Darcy the GM then??