Bears sign Brien

Dawgg

From 30-39 yards out, Edinger is 30 of 41 since 2000 (73%)

From 30-39 yards out, Lindell is 26 of 30 since 2000 (87%).

You sure you want Edinger here?

335115[/snapback]

but how many times did the bears punt from inside the 40?, the bills sure did it enough last year.

Doug Brien has shown signs of consistency in all aspects. He is quite proficient at varioius lengths, but unfortunately is most consistent with missing clutch game winning kicks. Remember Buffalo vs Minnesota a few years back? He went to minnesota after blowing 5 potential game winning field goals for San Fransisco. Then he was cut midseason by minnesota. he performed once again consistently for the jets until he missed two field goals in the waning moments against the steelers in the playoffs this year. i guess it comes down to the lesser of two evils. brien cant make clutch kicks, lindell cant hit anything over 40. maybe we should pay brian moorman a bonus to concentrate on placekicking

I like Edinger. He can kick a 60+ yard FG and you never know when we are gonna need one of those. I remember OBrien blowing some big kicks- he is a choker. There arent many big kicks in Chicago so I cant recall Edinger choking. Either is a replacement over Lindell

From 30-39 yards out, Edinger is 30 of 41 since 2000 (73%)

From 30-39 yards out, Lindell is 26 of 30 since 2000 (87%).

You sure you want Edinger here?

335115[/snapback]

Are you kidding? His coach trusted him 11 more times that our coach trusted Lindell. That says a lot!!!!

He may not be more accurate, but he's got a stronger leg:

40-49 Ed is 40/57 (70%)

40-49 RL is 21/37 (57%)

50+ Ed is 13/19 (68%)

50+ RL is 7/14 (50%)

I would take Ed in a heartbeat. I might even tell TD that I'd pick up the cost of cutting RL :D