Los Angeles Connects (Parking Need)

Brand J

Does anyone here live in LA, or know someone from the city? I live in the Hollywood area and park on the street, but am looking for a spot to leave my car from Aug 24-Sept 12 as I’ll be flying to NYC for the US Open. I don’t wish to pay the cost of another plane ticket to leave my car in an offsite LAX lot, so if anyone has a driveway or another space they could lend/rent to me, please let me know! Thanks.

4 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Does anyone here live in LA, or know someone from the city? I live in the Hollywood area and park on the street, but am looking for a spot to leave my car from Aug 24-Sept 12 as I’ll be flying to NYC for the US Open. I don’t wish to pay the cost of another plane ticket to leave my car in an offsite LAX lot, so if anyone has a driveway or another space they could lend/rent to me, please let me know! Thanks.

I assume you don't want to leave it on the street due to weekly street cleaning?  If that's the case do you have a friend you can have move it for you on those days?  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I assume you don't want to leave it on the street due to weekly street cleaning?  If that's the case do you have a friend you can have move it for you on those days?  

Yeah, the alternate side parking is an issue, but even if I found a street that didn’t have it, I wouldn’t be able to leave the car sitting for almost 3 weeks in one spot. LA has a law where anyone can call and report your car as abandoned if it sits longer than 72 hrs.
I haven’t been in this city for long, but have reached out to a few others I know. Just thought I’d see if anyone on the board had any options as well, even if LA is far from Buffalo. I’d hate to have to pay $300+ just to leave the car in an offsite lot. Even though it’s quite a few days, that price is a bit excessive.

14 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Yeah, the alternate side parking is an issue, but even if I found a street that didn’t have it, I wouldn’t be able to leave the car sitting for almost 3 weeks in one spot. LA has a law where anyone can call and report your car as abandoned if it sits longer than 72 hrs.
I haven’t been in this city for long, but have reached out to a few others I know. Just thought I’d see if anyone on the board had any options as well, even if LA is far from Buffalo. I’d hate to have to pay $300+ just to leave the car in an offsite lot. Even though it’s quite a few days, that price is a bit excessive.

Reach out to the city and ask what your options are.  I hate LA (city and county) and have vowed to never do business there again.  Unfortunately I love Long Beach.  I wish LB would secede from LA County and come over the Orange Curtain. 

• Like (+1) 2

I have never used this website, and it seems expensive, but if you're out of options . . .

https://www.neighbor.com/garages-near-me/california/los-angeles

Haven't used this site either, but maybe you can hire somebody to move the car every few days cheaper than you can rent a parking space:

https://www.taskrabbit.com/locations/la-oc

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead
add info
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/9/2022 at 1:56 PM, JayBaller10 said:

That used to be a big business around the Rockpile.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.