Aaron Kromer’s 1st interview since returning to Bills as OL coach

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m not suggesting they throw it every time..l agree Daboll went bat ***** crazy with some of the pass happy games…. I also don’t think 50/50 or 60/40 split is the way to go… They should still be a pass oriented team with Josh Allen as their QB. 65/35 or 70/30 with a more EFFICIENT run game is how I envision it….. he’s the best player in the NFL, it would be a head scratching strategy to take opportunities away from him, but as @BADOLBILZpointed out a lot of their moves suggest an offense looking to run the ball more. 

Efficiency is the key. You nailed it. 2 yards and a cloud of dust with plodders is not successful. 4 YPC and a 2nd or 3rd and 6 is a good place to be with JA.

I can see some more 'quick pass' concepts being brought in. Get the ball out of JAs hands quicker, so he is less likely to run and take extra hits. Rollouts, play action, screens etc. See if the speed difference in Cook vs Singletary/ Moss adds YAC. Same with the multitude of slot guys we have now.

I could see Buffalo going 4 wide or empty backfield (4 WR/ 1 TE) often and making quick hits this year as a defacto run game.

Lastly, Cook did average 6 YPC at Georgia. I don't expect 6 YPC, but a healthy 4+ should be available. Fans are thinking Cook is only a receiving back, not true. Get a team on its heels and then run some draws or motion/ move based runs (this is what Bates is good for) and let Cook's vision and speed do damage. Cook's size is the limiting factor in taking carries/ hits, not his vision or ability to run.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I see a more productive run game too… my point was that they don’t force the issue game in and game out…. nor force it on crucial downs in big games… that’s what the best player in the world is for.

I don’t believe there is a single Bills fan, especially on this board that would want to see 3 yards and a pile of dust as a game plan ever again, or at least one would hope so…, we (all of us) after much penance finally have a real QB, and it would be a crime against humanity to waste the talent,

Go Bills!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.