Timeline for buying tickets

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 4:07 PM, The Firebaugh Kid said:

All of the seats I'm seeing online seem way more expensive than normal. I bought playoff tickets in the Rockpile for $120 each, for example. Anybody know approx. when they'll likely come down in price? $250 for Rockpile is a bit much. 

My guess based on last year's opener is prices will slowly start to creep down early  September, and then get their lowest point the Sunday before the home opener for that game. Almost every game follows that same pattern. 

BTW, don't base anything on a game that  -12 wind chill, that was an outlier

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ticket prices this year will probably be much higher than last year because

1 more attractive out of division opponents (titans, packers, vikings, browns ) as opposed to last year with Falcons, Panthers, WFT, Texans

2 no covid restrictions and border closures

3 last year there were lots of horrible weather games (rain, cold, ...)

4 sky high expectations

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I need to piggyback on this thread. I'm flying home (Rochester) to visit my family as I do every year in October. I was SO STOKED to see the Bills had a home game againstthe Steelers! Last time a home game coincided with my trip was 2015!

I was all excited to go to the game with 6 family members, but HOLY CRAP!!!! Cheapest tickets we found after fees and taxes were STILL $330!

I really, really want to go to a game and was planning to buy my niece's ticket since she wouldn't otherwise probably go, but that’s just crazy money.

Anyone think it'll drop down significantly enough where taxes and fees and tickets are closer to $200-$250?

I went ahead and got 4 tickets for the Steelers game for $450 each off SeatGeek.  They are Section 137 Row 2.  I wanted to make sure I had them and not worry about last ,minute bartering so I can safely plan travel and accommodations.  I would have loved to have gotten them cheaper but am 16 hours away and didn't want the added stress.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.