Racially motivated murder at Tops

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

So your response to the shooting is “well it was just an outlier”

Stuff like this is why I’m so glad your ideology is dying off. 

Individual liberty isn't going anywhere.

It's an outlier in the data set that is US gun violence.

Your dogma is to ignore facts and rage about outliers that fit your racist Ideology?  Damn with facts, just stick to feelings. amirite

The funny part is how you and yours won't even go near that area after dark. and your reasoning has nothing to do with the tops shooter two years ago.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Individual liberty isn't going anywhere.

It's an outlier in the data set that is US gun violence.

Your dogma is to ignore facts and rage about outliers that fit your racist Ideology?  Damn with facts, just stick to feelings. amirite

The funny part is how you and yours won't even go near that area after dark. and your reasoning has nothing to do with the tops shooter two years ago.

It. Was. A. Racist. Attack. 

How can you not admit this? How is this difficult?

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

So your response to the shooting is “well it was just an outlier”

Stuff like this is why I’m so glad your ideology is dying off. 

Would black on black crime be considered racism to you? For the record, I hope the tops shooter burns in hell.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Would black on black crime be considered racism to you? For the record, I hope the tops shooter burns in hell.

Are they shooting each other specifically for their race?

• Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Ah.  We will fix this issue by only addressing the race based gun crimes.  

Smh at lefty logic. 

You won't admit what this was. Incredible. 

Every day, the conservatives on this sub confirm my priors. 

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You won't admit what this was. Incredible. 

Every day, the conservatives on this sub confirm my priors. 

It was a racist attack, of course. 

However, I'm not sure we extend any sort of justice to the victims by dumbing it down to "He was white and hated black people.".  What sane person, however hateful, systematically plans and carries out atrocities like this?  The root cause here was insanity.  He didn't scratch someone's car with a key, didn't throw a rock through a window, he hunted people down and executed them.   Completely off the rails, alternate reality insanity.  

I'm not a psychiatrist, but it occurs to me that there are two ways to address this situation.  

1. Death penalty, end of story;

2. Work to figure out how this guy got so far detached from reality that he would act out in this way against mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers.   

I get the desire for the first option, I used to feel that way in situations like this.  Or, really any situation involving murder.  I think thought that option 2 is the right path, to gather information in an attempt to stop the next mass murder, or the one after that.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It was a racist attack, of course. 

However, I'm not sure we extend any sort of justice to the victims by dumbing it down to "He was white and hated black people.".  What sane person, however hateful, systematically plans and carries out atrocities like this?  The root cause here was insanity.  He didn't scratch someone's car with a key, didn't throw a rock through a window, he hunted people down and executed them.   Completely off the rails, alternate reality insanity.  

I'm not a psychiatrist, but it occurs to me that there are two ways to address this situation.  

1. Death penalty, end of story;

2. Work to figure out how this guy got so far detached from reality that he would act out in this way against mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers.   

I get the desire for the first option, I used to feel that way in situations like this.  Or, really any situation involving murder.  I think thought that option 2 is the right path, to gather information in an attempt to stop the next mass murder, or the one after that.  

You’re a smart guy and a good poster. But I can’t agree with that. Ask any of the victims below if “dumbing it down” to racism is wrong. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

You’re a smart guy and a good poster. But I can’t agree with that. Ask any of the victims below if “dumbing it down” to racism is wrong. 

You’re probably correct on the victims and families.  I wasn’t attempting to speak for them, that’s not my place and I would not presume to do so.  I’d understand just about any reaction from them, from wanting 5 minutes in a room with the murderer, to watching him strapped to a gurney to  wanting to see life in prison.   I don’t always understand how people can forgive, though the capacity of some people to forgive always impresses and amazes me. 

That said, there is a reason family members and friends are not allowed to sit in judgement of perpetrators.  

I was speaking societally, in the big picture.  I doubt a criminal psychologist would spend 5 minutes with the guy, close his notebook and declare “Racism, nothing else to see here.”.  

Btw, in retrospect, “dumbing it down” was a poor choice of words for me to use.  I was simply trying to suggest there likely is a lot more beneath the surface of this guy, beyond racism, and by exploring what that might be, perhaps more can be learned to prevent it from happening in the future.