Backup RB Situation

Who do you want to see behind Willis?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see behind Willis?

• Amos Zereoue
    • Eddie George
    • Dorsey Levens
    • Garrison Hearst
    • Keep TH and hope he has a change of heart
    • Wait for someone to be cut
    • Gale Sayers
    • Jim Brown
    • Eric Dickerson
    • Jim Nance
    • Cookie Gilcrist
    • Walter Payton
    • Mini Max Anderson
    • Wray Carlton
    • Speedy Neal
    • Joe Cribbs
    • Tucker Fredrickson
    • Keith Lincoln
    • Paul Lowe
    • Mercury Morris
    • Floyd Little

Eddie George's talent has been in steady decline the past few season. Tennessee knew what they were doing when they cut him. I voted for Zeroue only because I do not think he is old and washed up.

I for one am keen on Eddie George. I know it sounds crazy, but it's not like we're looking for a starter. George isn't completely shot; he'd be a good 3rd down back and mentor to Willis.

330273[/snapback]

no no no........ he is completely shot

I think Amos would be a good fit. When he was backup to Bettis the team led or was in the top of teams rushing those 2 years. He added a great change of pace there and I believe he would do the same as a change to Willis here. He is a very good receiver out of the backfield and he also has a good deal of special teams experience on both sides.

Yes he failed when named as a starter in Pitt. His style was not conducive to the problems the team faced. Their offensive line was decimated and the passing game focus under Mularkey failed for a number of reasons. Maddox who had the one great year also fell apart. Amos shouldered a lot of the blame. Though he deserved some certainly not all.

With the Raiders he did not fit into the style of the coach Norv Turner who prefers the power running game in his offense. He had very few carries even the few games he started. Yet he did manage one hundred yard plus and 2 TD's in one game.

The bottom line is no one knows him better than Mularkey as he was the OC at Pitt and was very instrumental in promoting Amos to starter. If he winds up here I am fully confident Mularkey is making the right choice. Mularkey said Amos can be scary good. Let's see what he thinks now.

I think Amos would be a good fit. When he was backup to Bettis the team led or was in the top of teams rushing those 2 years. He added a great change of pace there and I believe he would do the same as a change to Willis here. He is a very good receiver out of the backfield and he also has a good deal of special teams experience on both sides.

Yes he failed when named as a starter in Pitt. His style was not conducive to the problems the team faced. Their offensive line was decimated and the passing game focus under Mularkey failed for a number of reasons. Maddox who had the one great year also fell apart. Amos shouldered a lot of the blame. Though he deserved some certainly not all.

With the Raiders he did not fit into the style of the coach Norv Turner who prefers the power running game in his offense. He had very few carries even the few games he started. Yet he did manage one hundred yard plus and 2 TD's in one game.

The bottom line is no one knows him better than Mularkey as he was the OC at Pitt and was very instrumental in promoting Amos to starter. If he winds up here I am fully confident Mularkey is making the right choice. Mularkey said Amos can be scary good. Let's see what he thinks now.

330654[/snapback]

I think you bring up a pretty good point here. I am not a huge Amos fan, and from my vantage point, I see no reason to bring him in. That's just a fan talking. But that said, MM and TC know him very well, and if they bring him in, we know they think very highly of him, which would be good enough for me.

Until, of course, he falls flat on his face and the "I told you so" guy rears hs ugly head. <_<

330654[/snapback]

Here's his stats. I'm surprised you would characterize 112 carries as "very few", though.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133462

Here's his stats.  I'm surprised you would characterize 112 carries as "very few", though.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133462

330673[/snapback]

I voted keep Henry but my first choice is let Shaud Will and our 7 rndr from Louisville battle. However, a closer look at Amos Z shows me he could be a nice 3rd down back and a fair guy to carry the load for a couple of games if need be but there is where we run into trouble if Mcgahee gets hurt for than 2 games. No feature guy w/o Henry. We would need to spead it around a lot which with the 3 and 4 receiver sets we might run would work to a certain level.

By the way, is Amos Z an UFA or a possibly June 1 cas??

I voted keep Henry but my first choice is let Shaud Will and our 7 rndr from Louisville battle.  However, a closer look at Amos Z shows me he could be a nice 3rd down back and a fair guy to carry the load for a couple of games if need be but there is where we run into trouble if Mcgahee gets hurt for than 2 games.  No feature guy w/o Henry.  We would need to spead it around a lot which with the 3 and 4 receiver sets we might run would work to a certain level.

By the way, is Amos Z an UFA or a possibly June 1 cas??

330692[/snapback]

Hmm. just found it - he is an UFA. I am a bit surprised that AZ has not been brought in yet. I have real doubts that we can trade TH but if so I bet he comes in for a look see pretty quickly...

Um, I really don't think Willis needs a mentor. He is getting old ya know :-)

I am banking on a stud like 1600 + yards from him this year.

With or without Eddie George, Travis Henry, Shaud Williams, Garrison Hearst or anyone else they use to relieve him.