Good News on Intelligent Design

Yeah. Morality is relative. My morals say it's OK to eat living people, so it's OK. Nice world you live in.

And where did I say I was Christian, Bluefire? Please post a link. When you can't, here's what you can post. Just copy and paste. "I am an ignorant poster who makes broad assumptions about people's religion, based on nothing, as I did in this case. Mr. Franklin never stated that he was a Christian. I just assumed it because he makes such salient points about ID, and the media have brainwashed me to associate ID with the Christian Right. My inability to think for myself continues to embarrass me. I am sorry."

My response. "Dear Blue: it's OK. The next time your parents let you use the computer, stay in the teen chat rooms though. You'll be a better match of wits for those kids. -BF"

331058[/snapback]

:( You seem to believe in Bush's view of the world where everything is an absolute truth. However that is contrary to how the real world works. Are there SOME absolute truths? Yes, there are poor people in this world who suffer. Or, Killing is a bad thing (unless done by the state or military - but lets not make this too murky).

Your fundamentalist Christian morals are just not the same as mine and that is a good thing! Our differences are protected by our system of government. We have the freedom to live to different standards within some broad rules (i.e. no killing). The direct opposite to this view is a theocracy like the Taliban or Pat Robertson's world view where one moral vision is imposed upon a whole society regardless of the diversity of the citizenry.

So, if Blue Fire wants his kid to hear the word *&^%, then I don't give a *&^%. That is Blue Fire's freedom to raise his kids the way he feels is appropriate. Now from your previous posts you will probably respond to me with a ridiculous question such as, "with your relative view it would be ok for Blue Fire to teach his kid to kill babies and eat their feces." Of course that would be wrong - where does the line of relativity stop and objective truth begin? I don't know - but it is far away from the ridiculous examples you would come up with and it is far away from a kid having a potty-mouth.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Morality is relative. My morals say it's OK to eat living people, so it's OK. Nice world you live in.

And where did I say I was Christian, Bluefire? Please post a link. When you can't, here's what you can post. Just copy and paste. "I am an ignorant poster who makes broad assumptions about people's religion, based on nothing, as I did in this case. Mr. Franklin never stated that he was a Christian. I just assumed it because he makes such salient points about ID, and the media have brainwashed me to associate ID with the Christian Right. My inability to think for myself continues to embarrass me. I am sorry."

My response. "Dear Blue: it's OK. The next time your parents let you use the computer, stay in the teen chat rooms though. You'll be a better match of wits for those kids. -BF"

331058[/snapback]

You never said in this post that you weren't a Christian. Nor in any others. Are you denying that you are one? You remind me of Peter (I think it was) who denied knowing Jesus three times.

Apparently you don't have the brain power to understand that not everything is black and white. I mentioned in my previous post that we have a Consitution and a Bill of Rights that provides for our free pursuit of happiness. If I ate you, obviously I would

be infringing on those rights that our founding fathers set out to provide for you (unless that would make you ultimately happy - sicko).

Your parents must be proud.

330773[/snapback]

They are quite proud of me actually. Its funny though, I pick and choose when I swear for the effect of swearing, something that you can't comprehend. I don't swear around them, but I feel fine swearing for you.

Heres some more to "make them proud":

sh--. !@#$. Damn. !@#$. !@#$ Nugget. !@#$ Burger. !@#$.

Come one science lovers: tell me how important it is to teach evolution- a theory so full holes that it's like swiss cheese that you couldn't fit it through the eye of a needle.

Intelligent Design is the only way to explain the complexity of the world. Thankfully, it's finally getting its day in the schools. This is a great day for American children and for the future of scientific debate in the US- with an acknowledgement that so-called "scientific" theories take a back seat to the higher power.

ID in Kanas

329365[/snapback]

ID has no place in schools period. If they would have taught this in my school, I'd have believed it about as much as if the teacher said "I personally created the world, any questions?" . Absolute garbage. The FACT is we don't know. A scientific theory is much better than saying some "thing" out there created the world and universe. We've never seen this thing, spoke with it or have any record of its existence. Scienece belongs because it's the best we have. Evo may be full of holes, but ID tries to fill EVERY hole via some untestable parable. It may be OK for church or home, but saying it has any place in a school clas :o sroom is unfettered bull ka-ka.

Come one science lovers: tell me how important it is to teach evolution- a theory so full holes that it's like swiss cheese that you couldn't fit it through the eye of a needle.

Intelligent Design is the only way to explain the complexity of the world. Thankfully, it's finally getting its day in the schools. This is a great day for American children and for the future of scientific debate in the US- with an acknowledgement that so-called "scientific" theories take a back seat to the higher power.

ID in Kanas

329365[/snapback]

I would think both sides are right and wrong....I believe in a little of both- but the fact is that we are too primitive and stupid to ever know

You never said in this post that you weren't a Christian. Nor in any others.  Are you denying that you are one? You remind me of Peter (I think it was) who denied knowing Jesus three times.

Apparently you don't have the brain power to understand that not everything is black and white.  I mentioned in my previous post that we have a Consitution and a Bill of Rights that provides for our free pursuit of happiness.  If I ate you, obviously I would

be infringing on those rights that our founding fathers set out to provide for you (unless that would make you ultimately happy - sicko).

331087[/snapback]

I accept your apology, since your continued labeling of me as a Christian serves as an affirmation of how right I am. Thank you BluFire. Try to channel some of your anger into learning more about science.

A little something something that came to mind while reading this thread. For your reading pleasure:

1 In the beginning Man created God;

and in the image of Man

created he him.

2 And Man gave unto God a multitude of

names,that he might be Lord of all

the earth when it was suited to Man

3 And on the seven millionth

day Man rested and did lean

heavily on his God and saw that

it was good.

4 And Man formed Aqualung of

the dust of the ground, and a

host of others likened unto his kind.

5 And these lesser men were cast into the

void; And some were burned, and some were

put apart from their kind.

6 And Man became the God that he had

created and with his miracles did

rule over all the earth.

7 But as all these things

came to pass, the Spirit that did

cause man to create his God

lived on within all men: even

within Aqualung.

8 And man saw it not.

9 But for Christ's sake he'd

better start looking.

Why do you think these are opposing theories?

If there is intelligent design, then the design is inside the

data. If the same data leads us to an evolutionary theory,

then that too is intelligent design.

To claim otherwise is to make a theological claim, not

a scientific one.

Sick of the scientific method? Sick of the religion of science?

Try this- fictionology

333208[/snapback]

Best paper ever.

"My personal savior is Batman," said Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Greg Jurgenson. "My wife chooses to follow the teachings of the Gilmore Girls. Of course, we are still beginners. Some advanced-level Fictionologists have total knowledge of every lifetime they have ever lived for the last 80 trillion years."

"Sure, it's total bull sh--," Jurgenson added. "But that's Fictionology. Praise Batman!"

Why do you think these are opposing theories?

If there is intelligent design, then the design is inside the

data. If the same data leads us to an evolutionary theory,

then that too is intelligent design.

To claim otherwise is to make a theological claim, not

a scientific one.

333501[/snapback]

Wait a minute...that's logic! What's that doing in this discussion? :P