ECC back to Hamburg; post game

Bills fan since 87

Doing the motel thing again for the playoff game on Saturday night.  Instead of Uber though I think I will drive to the game and back to the hotel after, so I don't have to wait in the freezing cold (wont be drinking once the game starts anyway).  I could not find an uber to save my life post Monday night game and waited until about 2:30am.

So...What's my best course of action?  I am thinking about parking at ECC (what time will their lots open?) and post game just hopping on SW blvd back to Hamburg.   Is this feesable?  Does the traffic back up pretty bad going that way, or any tricks or other sugegstions anyone might have?

GO BILLS!!

This is basically what I do for every game. ECC lots open 4 hrs prior to kickoff just like the stadium lots. As long as you’re not in a huge hurry and are ok to hang out for a bit after that game, the traffic won’t be too bad. We usually hang for an hour or so then head out. There is a traffic light at ECC and Southwestern so there is still traffic flow making the left hand turn. Only outlier this year was the Dolphins game which took forever to get going for some reason. Once you hit southwestern traffic will move pretty well. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Doing the motel thing again for the playoff game on Saturday night.  Instead of Uber though I think I will drive to the game and back to the hotel after, so I don't have to wait in the freezing cold (wont be drinking once the game starts anyway).  I could not find an uber to save my life post Monday night game and waited until about 2:30am.

So...What's my best course of action?  I am thinking about parking at ECC (what time will their lots open?) and post game just hopping on SW blvd back to Hamburg.   Is this feesable?  Does the traffic back up pretty bad going that way, or any tricks or other sugegstions anyone might have?

GO BILLS!!

we tailgated at ecc for like 10 years back in the 90s and was great. We went back home to Kenmore in like 25 mins after the game. Not sure what it would look like going to Hamburg tho. 

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

GO BILLS!!

People like to park closer to the stadium but it takes 2-3 business days to get the hell out of there after the game. I generally like to get into one of the further lots. More often than not I am walking faster than traffic moves. Then pulling out I am on the 90 in super short order. 

• Like (+1) 2

Not a bad plan but you might consider parking on Sheldon Road off Abbott.  Sheldon is the road between the Abbott Road Animal Hospital and the Mobil station at the corner of Abbott and Southwestern.  There are all kinds of small private lots along that road (at least there were the last time I parked there about 7 or 8 years ago).  It's a good walk to the stadium, but leaving is the best part about those lots: you turn away from Abbott when you come out of your lot and follow Sheldon to the first cross road (Brompton Drive).  If you take a left onto Brompton, you'll be at Southwestern at the next stop sign.  Take a right to go into Hamburg.   If you take a right onto Brompton, you'll end up on Mckinley Parkway.  A right there takes you up to 179 and the Thruway.  A left takes you to Southwestern where you get a light to turn right onto Southwestern.

• Like (+1) 2

I park at ECC off of Rt 20 ($35--look in the lot near the football field if the attendant says the lower lot is full) or across RT 20 at Bert's Bikes ($25 it's about a mile from there to my seat.)  The traffic light there is a huge plus.  Once you clear the blinking yellow light at Big Tree/Tops parking lot, it's normal traffic flow all the way home.   There's new Dollar General (those places sprout out of nowhere--like weeds I say) next to the bike shop that looks ready to open.  That will be a busy place on gamedays.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

2 hours ago, Mango said:

People like to park closer to the stadium but it takes 2-3 business days to get the hell out of there after the game. I generally like to get into one of the further lots. More often than not I am walking faster than traffic moves. Then pulling out I am on the 90 in super short order. 

My friends are the drivers these days, and they don't like walking, so we park close to the stadium and tailgate while the traffic clears.  That's great when the weather's decent but not for late season games when there's negative wind chills.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.