Politics in Sport

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

How precisely does one view freedom?  A fair question posed by Gunner Bill.  Is it extreme libertarianism, along the lines of "nobody can make me wear a mask in Target?"  Or is it something else?

Maybe Buffalo Timmy and those of his political orientation can chew on this.  It's good food for thought and it echoes what Gunner Bill is getting at:

"Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own, whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others."

To argue against me you have pretend freedom is a difficult concept to understand? While there are instances where we might disagree but on the broad strokes intelligent people agree. I didn't think freedom is generally a partisan political concept but apparently some here disagree. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

To argue against me you have pretend freedom is a difficult concept to understand? While there are instances where we might disagree but on the broad strokes intelligent people agree. I didn't think freedom is generally a partisan political concept but apparently some here disagree. 

It’s not partisan.  Nobody said that.  It just has different contours to different people. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s not partisan.  Nobody said that.  It just has different contours to different people. 

Then what are you talking about? That sometimes freedom takes different forms? Not related to the topic or what was being discussed.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Then what are you talking about? That sometimes freedom takes different forms? Not related to the topic or what was being discussed.

What’s your definition of freedom?  Lack if any restraint (eg stoplights, masks in public places during a pandemic)?  Or can you accept that freedom involves some restraints for the betterment of the group? 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

What’s your definition of freedom?  Lack if any restraint (eg stoplights, masks in public places during a pandemic)?  Or can you accept that freedom involves some restraints for the betterment of the group? 

Who ever insinuated that we should not have rules? Who are you arguing against? Lack of rules is not the definition of freedom to anyone I know 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

did you see this and think it was intelligent?

Edited by Buffalo Timmy