Anything new to report (Everett injury)?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhh fudge!*

*Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!

325720[/snapback]

That's... what I thought you said. Get in the car Ralphie.

The Bills have to take out an insurance policy and the player is the beneficiary.  I am not sure on the amount but it is probably covered in the CBA.

325689[/snapback]

I guess my real question is this: Will Everett's salary for 2005 still count against the Bills' cap? Not to be insensitive...

that's a real downer. i feel bad for the kid.

on the bright side, he probably wouldn't have started right away regardless. let's hope campbell and euhus have fully recovered by the time training camp rolls around.

lol....come on now, you know DAMN WELL that any real Bills fan who saw Jimbo's HOF induction cried, or came damn close to it. Maybe not the newer Bills fans, but anyone who was with this team from the late 80s onward. Hell, I got choked up big time when Jimbo was up there and you could see Thurman, Bruce, etc. in the audience sharing it with him - and us. That was awesome!  I know it's not the same as the Hulk Hogan thing, but still......anytime you grow an attachment to something or someone over that length of time, it's going to be emotional to see it go away, you know? Some of you fuggers on here like to pretend you're all manly and immune to feeling a little soft at times.....YOU'RE NOT FOOLIN ME, BROTHER!

325714[/snapback]

That was my post he is talking about. They are all tuff behind the keyboard. Open day tailgate will tell the tale. I cant wait to meet some of these guys and see "the man behind the keyboard". I may have to carry asprin for the headache from laughing so damn hard. Should be a great time! Should i bring beer or twinkies?

I don't think too many people will argue that, but c'mon, shedding tears over Hulk Hogan?

325717[/snapback]

lol.....Well, we don't know what was going through the guy's head. Maybe he associates the Hulkster with some life events, and thinking about Hulk's era coming to an end reminds him of it.....I dunno. Heck, even though I'm not nearly as attached to these SW prequels as I was the originals, SW was HUGELY important to my childhood and the thought of the final film being out this month is kind of emotional for me. I dunno, I just think if the guy gets a little teared up over the Hulk riding off into the sunset, that's great :blink:

lol.....Well, we don't know what was going through the guy's head. Maybe he associates the Hulkster with some life events, and thinking about Hulk's era coming to an end reminds him of it.....I dunno. Heck, even though I'm not nearly as attached to these SW prequels as I was the originals, SW was HUGELY important to my childhood and the thought of the final film being out this month is kind of emotional to me. I dunno, I just think if the guy gets a little teared up over the Hulk riding off into the sunset, that's great :(

325743[/snapback]

But please, it's not like Lou Gherig standing up and making the "Luckiest Man" speech....

Wrasslin is FAKE!!

:blink:

OK, so the injury to Everett might not be the biggest loss as he is a rookie and all -- a guy who needed a year to study the playbook and learn from the vets. But the bottom line is we just lost our third round pick for the year. This is bad.

We should all be sitting here celebrating Roscoe's weekend and laughing at Winslow. Instead...

I never saw Jim Kelly wearing yellow skivvies embracing another man...

325751[/snapback]

Then you've never been to his house for one of those post-game parties.

It ain't pretty. :blink:

Maybe he associates the Hulkster with some life events, and thinking about Hulk's era coming to an end reminds him of it.....I dunno.

325743[/snapback]

Oh I know, and that's cool. But he is a Navy guy - he had to know he was going to get ragged-on for that thread!

OK, so the injury to Everett might not be the biggest loss as he is a rookie and all -- a guy who needed a year to study the playbook and learn from the vets. But the bottom line is we just lost our third round pick for the year. This is bad.

We should all be sitting here celebrating Roscoe's weekend and laughing at Winslow. Instead...

325764[/snapback]

Please. If it happened to WM, I'd have been worried. But this guy was a reach, anyway.