Mario Cristobal to the U?

YoloinOhio

Well,  I mean they don't want to lose any commitments from Manny's top 60 rated recruiting class, right?.

Manny already lost basically his whole offensive staff to SMU and he's his own DC.........they could just hang up fliers at Publix and recruit better than Manny at this point..........so basically they just haven't gotten around to making that one phone call.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm really hoping they snag Cristobal and Radakovich. Cristobal is UM grad. James Blake set this program way back. Gotta be somewhat awkward for Diaz being the HC and knowing your job being shopped while your still employed. 

I guess we will see.  Rumor is one of the billionaire booster families wants to self-fund a 50K seat stadium on the current site of Coral Gables HS.   And said booster may have a vested interest in Cristobal getting the job as they are related by marriage.   Personally,  I thought Kiffin would have been the best fit for what they have now.  

But any plan is better than what they have had for the past 30 years, really.  

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I guess we will see.  Rumor is one of the billionaire booster families wants to self-fund a 50K seat stadium on the current site of Coral Gables HS.   And said booster may have a vested interest in Cristobal getting the job as they are related by marriage.   Personally,  I thought Kiffin would have been the best fit for what they have now.  

But any plan is better than what they have had for the past 30 years, really.  

Kiffin with with the weapons on offense would be dangerous. TVD was thrown into the fire with the King injury,  but he responded wonderfully. It's going to be fun watching him for a few years 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Kiffin with with the weapons on offense would be dangerous. TVD was thrown into the fire with the King injury,  but he responded wonderfully. It's going to be fun watching him for a few years 

Yeah that would have been fun.   TVD is better than expected.   Garcia looked better than him in spring last year though and presumably he will be back.  So there should be competition and QB isn't a problem area for a change.

Looks like Cristobal and Radakovich are a done deal per reports today.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah that would have been fun.   TVD is better than expected.   Garcia looked better than him in spring last year though and presumably he will be back.  So there should be competition and QB isn't a problem area for a change.

Looks like Cristobal and Radakovich are a done deal per reports today.

Just saw Oklahoma is going after Radakovich as well. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Diaz must have no pride 

There are many millions of reasons why Manny Diaz would be an idiot to quit his job on principle.   He isn't walking into another multi-million dollar AAV coaching deal anytime soon.

As far as pride.........all he has to do is cite Jim Harbaugh accepting a 50% pay cut to not be fired last winter and how that worked out.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There are many millions of reasons why Manny Diaz would be an idiot to quit his job on principle.   He isn't walking into another multi-million dollar AAV coaching deal anytime soon.

As far as pride.........all he has to do is cite Jim Harbaugh accepting a 50% pay cut to not be fired last winter and how that worked out.

Is Cristobal's brother a police captain in Miami? I know that he has very strong roots there. I think that he will do well.

Edited by Bill from NYC

17 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Is Cristobal's brother a police captain in Miami? I know that he has very strong roots there. I think that he will do well.

I know he and his wife both have deep roots in the Cuban community there, his parents are Cuban immigrants and living there still, and his mom is sick. Sounds like a great fit on both sides and it also sounds like Diaz earned guy fate 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.