40 year anniversary of Big Ben win against Patriots

Beast

Back then the Bills called it "Big Ben". Somehwhere in the shuffle it became "Hail Mary".

Anyway...11/22/81. Ferguson connects with Roland Hooks to beat the Patriots with 6 seconds left. Jump ball in the endzone is tipped to Hooks by Patriot LBer, Mike Hawkins. The more impressive play was the completion to get the Bills down the field. Hooks laid out horizontally to grab a Fergy pass.

My Dad decided to leave the game with about 2 minutes to go after a Fergy pick. We celebrated in the parking lot with about 75 percent of the people that left the stadium with us.

That win was sorely needed by the Bills. Their season was circling the drain and it led to a winning streak that got them into the playoffs.

Hope the memories brighten your day after yesterday's debacle.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198111220buf.htm

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Beast said:

Back then the Bills called it "Big Ben". Somehwhere in the shuffle it became "Hail Mary".

Anyway...11/22/81. Ferguson connects with Roland Hooks to beat the Patriots with 6 seconds left. Jump ball in the endzone is tipped to Hooks by Patriot LBer, Mike Hawkins. The more impressive play was the completion to get the Bills down the field. Hooks laid out horizontally to grab a Fergy pass.

My Dad decided to leave the game with about 2 minutes to go after a Fergy pick. We celebrated in the parking lot with about 75 percent of the people that left the stadium with us.

That win was sorely needed by the Bills. Their season was circling the drain and it led to a winning streak that got them into the playoffs.

Hope the memories brighten your day after yesterday's debacle.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198111220buf.htm

I was at that game back in high school w my brother.  We stayed the whole time.  The stadium was going nuts.  Euphoria!!  Roland Hocks had some game.  We could use someone like that now in our backfield.  

That was kind of before my time, I was only 8 and was a Steelers fan back then.  The funny thing about watching the replay of that, the stands looked empty but it was kind of cool watching the security guards in the yellow rain coats celebrate after the catch.  Good times. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJNNLuwNMw

I was at the game and after the TD, I look down the tunnel and guys are running back in from the bathroom...some with their pants still down around their ankles.

The catch by Hooks before the TD was even more impressive; I'm sure it's out there on YouTube somewhere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.