Time to bring out the pitchforks for Beane ?

Teddy KGB

12 hours ago, McBean said:

Boom

Brandon Beane most overrated GM in history of NFL. Guy doesn’t know talent if it was right in front of him. Horrible pick after horrible pick.

Oliver over Simmons.

Cody fkn Ford over AJ Brown AND METCALF.

I could go on and on. Not going to help matters. Beane should thank Josh Allen daily for saving his ass

"Horrible pick after horrible pick" is a little much considering Whaley's entire 2015 and 2016 draft classes are either out of the league or on their third teams. 

Simmons was graded as a second rounder while Oliver, who I love, was widely seen as a top-15 pick. 

No one wanted Metcalf. That's why everyone passed on him. We needed linemen and, again, scouting reports said he was a first-round talent with massive upside. Obviously that didn't pan out. 

Hindsight is easy to have, especially with drafts, but Beane is a fine GM who has also managed to keep our homegrown talent (Milano, Johnson) in Buffalo on team-friendly deals. 

I wouldn't put this on Beane. He isn't out there executing the plays. 

I think part of the reason is that all the way through last season the Bills embraced the underdog role proudly. They wanted to be that team that could come up and surprise you. But now they're the big dogs and I think they've had trouble adjusting to that role. McDermott, if he isn't already, has to be preaching to them to expect their opponents best week in and week out because now the opponent is the underdog that wants to come up and knock off a good team. 

Beyond that, I'm assuming some of y'all weren't around for the Donahoe, Levy, Nix, and Whaley years. Beane and McDermott have built the most complete team in a long time. Is every move and every draft pick a home run? No, and if that's your expectation then it doesn't matter who your favorite GM is, you will be sorely disappointed. 

I'm not pitchforking anything right now. Stay the course. I think the off-season might see some changes at some assistant coach positions and I think it'd be wise for them to invest in a top end guard as well as another solid DT so they aren't so reliant on Star and Ed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.