Gabriel Davis with Week 10’s Toe Drag Swag!

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So we're supposed to just take your word for it that a zoomed in image is after that bobble?  Do you actually know which bobble I'm even talking about?

Watch this video graciously posted by @billsfan1959

Watch beginning at second 44.  At first you think he might have it at second 48... which is possibly when you take your still--we don't know... we apparently just have to take your word for it.  But as you watch from that angle you can see the ball is still moving and actually almost jumps out of his hands and he doesn't regain full control until second 52/53, when his right foot is undeniably in the air and his left foot also probably is.  Then go to 1:02 and from the back angle you can see his right foot is up in the air after he gains control.

This is a stupid argument because it was inconsequential in terms of the game.  If it was challenged, we would have ended up there anyway.  It's also inconsequential because it's still a great representation of Davis's incredible concentration and talent.  And we KNOW he's great at those sideline catches already.

It's just that this one wasn't actually a catch.  That's okay.  Davis still needs more field time.  It's just that it wasn't a catch.  And you're weird obstinate obsession arguing that it was doesn't change that.

No you dont have to take my word for it.  Look at the video then look at the picture.  Its that simple.  There are like 3 people in the world that think this is not a catch.  Even if by some minute chance it isnt a catch, the ref on the field that was 10 feet from the play called it a catch.  Review is not enough to overturn.  Evidence in that is this thread alone.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

No you dont have to take my word for it.  Look at the video then look at the picture.  Its that simple.  There are like 3 people in the world that think this is not a catch.  Even if by some minute chance it isnt a catch, the ref on the field that was 10 feet from the play called it a catch.  Review is not enough to overturn.  Evidence in that is this thread alone.

professionals said it was a catch 

I also don’t hear the JETS crying about it in social media 

🤔 

Who to believe?

😜 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

No. Just no. But you clearly have tunnel vision and are allowing your eyes and brain to distort reality.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Even if by some minute chance it isnt a catch, the ref on the field that was 10 feet from the play called it a catch.  Review is not enough to overturn.  Evidence in that is this thread alone.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

professionals said it was a catch 

I also don’t hear the JETS crying about it in social media 

🤔

Who to believe?

😜

Ahhh... 2 posters who evidently believe refs are infallible and don't make mistakes. :doh:

Bet I don't need to go far in either of your posting history to prove the hypocrisy of this logic.

Scott... yeah the ref did call it a catch. Refs make mistakes. 

Shady... a professional, singular, called it a catch. The Jets aren't crying about it because it made no difference as far as the outcome of the game goes AND there was a DPI that would have given us the ball there, anyway.

But you guys should go out for drinks with each other and talk more about this non catch. 

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ahhh... 2 posters who evidently believe refs are infallible and don't make mistakes. :doh:

Bet I don't need to go far in either of your posting history to prove the hypocrisy of this logic.

Scott... yeah the ref did call it a catch. Refs make mistakes. 

Shady... a professional, singular, called it a catch. The Jets aren't crying about it because it made no difference as far as the outcome of the game goes AND there was a DPI that would have given us the ball there, anyway.

But you guys should go out for drinks with each other and talk more about this non catch. 

Yes they do make mistakes and to the second part of that... there is not enough evidence to overturn what he ruled.  As for the rest of your post its just non sense garbage troll.

Edited by Scott7975

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

there is not enough evidence to overturn what he ruled.  

Yes there is. I already guided you through it... but you probably didn't bother taking your homer glasses off for a moment and watching it objectively.

This is a stupid and inconsequential discussion because it literally didn't matter if he caught it or not. 

Gabriel Davis is awesome and needs to see the field more. He also has incredible sideline awareness and makes some unbelievable legal toe tapping catches. 

It's just that this wasn't one of them, and that's okay.

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes there is. I already guided you through it... but you probably didn't bother taking your homer glasses off for a moment and watching it objectively.

This is a stupid and inconsequential discussion because it literally didn't matter if he caught it or not. 

Gabriel Davis is awesome and needs to see the field more. He also has incredible sideline awareness and makes some unbelievable legal toe tapping catches. 

It's just that this wasn't one of them, and that's okay.

No there isnt.  You say you "guided me through it."  I guided you through it with evidence of his toe down. Just because you say something doesnt make it right.  

You are seeing what you want to see.  The toe was down period Im done discussing this now. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

No there isnt.  You say you "guided me through it."  I guided you threw it with evidence of his toe down. Just because you say something doesnt make it right.  

You are seeing what you want to see.  The toe was down period Im done discussing this now. 

he’s cantankerous that one is.  

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

he’s cantankerous that one is.  

Yup.  I don't mind the debate but its not a debate when extra curricular garbage is thrown into a post.  And seriously, the guy can't even tell the difference in frames between before the bobble and after the bobble.  If someone cant see that difference, I wouldn't trust them to analyze anything.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

36 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

And seriously, the guy can't even tell the difference in frames between before the bobble and after the bobble.  If someone cant see that difference, I wouldn't trust them to analyze anything.

You're absolutely right here... you're analysis is probably better to be ignored here now based on not your initial belief but based on what is now clearly a refusal to actually look at the evidence laid out before you. 

You believe his toe is down before the major bobble. Possibly arguable (though if you went through that slomo video in the seconds I gave you, you'd change your mind) even though you're asking us to trust that still frame is at a certain moment... not an efficient way of presenting evidence AT ALL.

But all the while you're ignoring the time it takes Davis to get control of the football. You clearly see it almost jump out of his hands as he grabs after it again looooong after his right foot is off the ground and probably after his left, too.

You never "guided" us through any evidence. You basically just show a still frame and ask everyone to believe you.

You're so sensitive.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're absolutely right here... you're analysis is probably better to be ignored here now based on not your initial belief but based on what is now clearly a refusal to actually look at the evidence laid out before you. 

You believe his toe is down before the major bobble. Possibly arguable (though if you went through that slomo video in the seconds I gave you, you'd change your mind) even though you're asking us to trust that still frame is at a certain moment... not an efficient way of presenting evidence AT ALL.

But all the while you're ignoring the time it takes Davis to get control of the football. You clearly see it almost jump out of his hands as he grabs after it again looooong after his right foot is off the ground and probably after his left, too.

You never "guided" us through any evidence. You basically just show a still frame and ask everyone to believe you.

You're so sensitive.

Um you literally only need to watch the video to see when the bobble happens and when he has control.  My freaking picture was zoomed shot of the video on Pause AFTER he had control.  You can tell this by doing it yourself.  Put video in slow motion.  Wait until after bobble.  Pause video.  Look at the position of everyone.  See the zoomed image is a match to the position.  This isn't rocket science dude.   The only one refusing to look at the evidence is you.  As for not "trusting" my still image as if I am trying to deceive people... that's just ridiculous.  I wouldn't waste my damn time trying to fake a picture.  There is no benefit for me to waste my time on that.  Ridiculous accusation.

He has control after the bobble.  There is no second bobble.  Yes, his arms, and hands move but that's still control as the ball did not move within his hands.  Again, not rocket science.  It is not my fault you don't understand the NFL rules for a catch.

I did guide you.  I gave you the still shot.  You can compare the position of his feet and the defender to a stopped frame of the video.  You don't have to trust anything about what I post.  You simply need to look and understand what you are looking at.  As for your guidance... you posted the same video I took the screenshot from and said "see no catch."  Hogwash

You are wrong period 

Have a nice day.

Edited by Scott7975

44 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Um you literally only need to watch the video to see when the bobble happens and when he has control.  My freaking picture was zoomed shot of the video on Pause AFTER he had control.  You can tell this by doing it yourself.  Put video in slow motion.  Wait until after bobble.  Pause video.  Look at the position of everyone.  See the zoomed image is a match to the position.  This isn't rocket science dude.   The only one refusing to look at the evidence is you.  As for not "trusting" my still image as if I am trying to deceive people... that's just ridiculous.  I wouldn't waste my damn time trying to fake a picture.  There is no benefit for me to waste my time on that.  Ridiculous accusation.

He has control after the bobble.  There is no second bobble.  Yes, his arms, and hands move but that's still control as the ball did not move within his hands.  Again, not rocket science.  It is not my fault you don't understand the NFL rules for a catch.

I did guide you.  I gave you the still shot.  You can compare the position of his feet and the defender to a stopped frame of the video.  You don't have to trust anything about what I post.  You simply need to look and understand what you are looking at.  As for your guidance... you posted the same video I took the screenshot from and said "see no catch."  Hogwash

You are wrong period 

Have a nice day.

Amazing you're still just COMPLETELY ignoring that 2nd bobble.

While the 1st bobble that you evidently claim (also amazing the fact that you think we should trust you that still is the moment he has control when all we can see is a foot) you've taken a still shot of at the moment he gains control is potentially debatable--though if you bothered watching those slomo angles I held your hand through, you wouldn't think that--the 2nd bobble is undeniably after his right foot is off the ground.

Thus it's not a catch and you're completely incorrect.

But you're dug in and seem to have an inability to admit you're wrong--and about something incredibly inconsequential for that matter.

So let's just enjoy our weekend and await Davis's next big game.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Amazing you're still just COMPLETELY ignoring that 2nd bobble.

While the 1st bobble that you evidently claim (also amazing the fact that you think we should trust you that still is the moment he has control when all we can see is a foot) you've taken a still shot of at the moment he gains control is potentially debatable--though if you bothered watching those slomo angles I held your hand through, you wouldn't think that--the 2nd bobble is undeniably after his right foot is off the ground.

Thus it's not a catch and you're completely incorrect.

But you're dug in and seem to have an inability to admit you're wrong--and about something incredibly inconsequential for that matter.

So let's just enjoy our weekend and await Davis's next big game.

Youre wrong and Im done arguing about.  Stop wasting my time with your garbage.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Youre wrong and Im done arguing about.  Stop wasting my time with your garbage.

Why do you keep responding if you're done arguing about it? This is now multiple times you've done that.

Oh... I see... you need the last word because you believe that if you're the last one to claim victory--albeit in a shallow and childish manner... about on par with all of your arguments--then you somehow "win."

Got it. I'm very much understanding you as a poster now. I thought at first you were reasonable and open to evidence.

Have it your way. Enjoy your day. Go Bills!

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.