Hangovers suck

I tried those "chasers" pills that you take before you drink to avoid hangovers. Needless to say, they didnt work on a blood alcohol level 3x the human limit. 

So I cooked 'em up and smoked them. No hangover!

324461[/snapback]

Is that why the dingo ate the baby?

Smoking pot also cures hangovers.  I don't get hangovers anymore though because I drink every night of the week and I think I'm just used to fealing like crap every morning.  Being 22 is sweet!

324611[/snapback]

On the road to success I see. Still live with Mom? Sorry to hear you're "fealing" like crap.

As Corp000085 mentioned, drinking water before you go to bed is the best and, well, only way to cure a hangover. All a hangover is, is dehydration. That's it. Alcohol will do that to you. So drinking plenty of water (I usually have two full glasses) will pretty much fully prevent sickness.

The best method I ever had was the water+tylenol deal. But I was never disciplined enough to do it before i passed out. So since I would inevitably wake up once during the night, i would force myself to swallow 2 tylenol and drink a swig of water. Usually, felt much better when i finally woke up for good.

Gonna miss those days... :blink:

As Corp000085 mentioned, drinking water before you go to bed is the best and, well, only way to cure a hangover. All a hangover is, is dehydration. That's it. Alcohol will do that to you. So drinking plenty of water (I usually have two full glasses) will pretty much fully prevent sickness.

326424[/snapback]

I agree that drinking water before going to sleep usually helps lessen my hangovers (but, I rarely get hangovers). But, I must take exception to the characterization that "all a hangover is, is dehydration". IMO, hangovers are different things for different people. Many doctors (or medical "professionals") define hangovers in terms of how much alcohol remains in the body.

IMO, a hangover is when you feel really crappy the day after drinking heavily. Whatever helps you feel better, can be called a hangover cure. For me, drinking water the day of the hangover has NO impact on how I feel. Sleeping, or drinking more booze are the only sure cures, for me. (The drinking more may not be a wise choice...but, it works, for me.)

This is a good thread for one new to the hangover. There are a number of good suggestions...now /dev/null will have a wide range of options to try. Maybe he can try a different option every time he gets a hangover and see what works for him

(BTW, I'm not jumping of you or Corp here...there were several posters who suggested things like the "only sure cure..." or "a hangover is only..." I just picked yours to respond to.)

326424[/snapback]

Of course this will INCREASE the chance that you piss all over your bed. Pros and cons to everything huh :w00t:

The water and Tylenol worked well last week in Myrtle Beach during the annual golf trip I take...One day the golf sucked, so we drowned our sorrows with Bloody Marys at the course,,then Margeritas at the Mexican restaurant...Some of us became very familiar with Jack Daniels at the bar..Thank goodness for the non-drinkers in our group....They made great chauffers..

Homebrew helps prevent hangovers. Two main causes of the hangover are dehydration and depletion of vitamin B12. Since most homebrewers do not filter out residual yeast and brewers yeast is high in B12, drinking homebrew helps combat hangovers. :w00t:

I agree that drinking water before going to sleep usually helps lessen my hangovers (but, I rarely get hangovers).  But, I must take exception to the characterization that "all a hangover is, is dehydration".  IMO, hangovers are different things for different people.  Many doctors (or medical "professionals") define hangovers in terms of how much alcohol remains in the body.

IMO, a hangover is when you feel really crappy the day after drinking heavily. Whatever helps you feel better, can be called a hangover cure.  For me, drinking water the day of the hangover has NO impact on how I feel.  Sleeping, or drinking more booze are the only sure cures, for me.  (The drinking more may not be a wise choice...but, it works, for me.)

This is a good thread for one new to the hangover.  There are a number of good suggestions...now /dev/null will have a wide range of options to try.  Maybe he can try a different option every time he gets a hangover and see what works for him

(BTW, I'm not jumping of you or Corp here...there were several posters who suggested things like  the "only sure cure..." or "a hangover is only..."  I just picked yours to respond to.)

326433[/snapback]

Drinking H2O the next morning is not going to alleviate a hangover any time soon. But it is the only way to prevent the hangover from hitting in the first place. Unfortunately, people are usually too wasted to pound down several Plastic Cup fulls of water before passing out. :w00t:

Drinking H2O the next morning is not going to alleviate a hangover any time soon.  But it is the only way to prevent the hangover from hitting in the first place.  Unfortunately, people are usually too wasted to pound down several Plastic Cup fulls of water before passing out.  :(

326695[/snapback]

<_<:D:)