Offensive strategies paying off early this season

Rockinon

https://www.nfl.com/news/three-offensive-strategies-paying-off-early-in-2021-nfl-season-plus-my-favorite-

Pretty good write up on what different teams are doing. Here's a snippet:

Draws and screens. The Bills have run seven draw plays this season, per Pro Football Focus. That's tied for the second-most draws in the league -- only the Patriots have more with nine. On these seven rushing plays, Buffalo earned 37 yards (5.3 yards per carry). The timing of the draws can help set teams up for success, too. Looking back over eight seasons of data, first-half use of a draw play resulted in about a 22 percent greater touchdown rate on the drive it was used in. As for screens, Eagles QB Jalen Hurts has been pressured on 23.5 percent of dropbacks this season (eighth-lowest rate in the league). Philadelphia has run 21 screens this season (the most in the NFL), and he's 19-of-20 for 165 yards (8.3 yards per attempt) and a TD on those plays.

Edited by Rockinon

• Rockinon changed the title to Offensive strategies paying off early this season
8 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Anything to get better running efficiency against light boxes. Probably a lot more useful now that teams aren’t blitzing at a 33% clip. 

Hmmm, tight boxes…, 

• Haha (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Rockinon said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/three-offensive-strategies-paying-off-early-in-2021-nfl-season-plus-my-favorite-

Pretty good write up on what different teams are doing. Here's a snippet:

What goes around comes around.  Years ago I recall reading a quote by Bill Parcels stating he liked to call draws and screens early in games in order to get the opposing Dline to think about them and maybe cause a little hesitation on the pass rush. Every little advantage helps I guess. 

7 minutes ago, TPS said:

What goes around comes around.  Years ago I recall reading a quote by Bill Parcels stating he liked to call draws and screens early in games in order to get the opposing Dline to think about them and maybe cause a little hesitation on the pass rush. Every little advantage helps I guess. 

Some of the things they talk about in the article, using other teams as examples, the Bills do as well. The presnap motion for instance is something the Chiefs use very effectively for instance. I just found the article interesting because they talk about what is working well across the league, then think back on some Bills games and realize that many of these strategies are also Bills strategies. They focus on what teams are doing these things best around the league and you know the coaches and players are taking notice. Both on offense and defense.