Should the Bulls and NYS pair with the Bills?

Peace Frog

Should the Bulls and NYS pair with the Bills to build a new stadium on UB campus in Amherst for both to use?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts?

• Yes
    • No
    • How about this idea... (explain below)

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s pretty obvious that folk are just having fun throwing stuff at the wall so to speak, I would suspect no one thinks it’s gonna happen, but then again…, why did the Pegulas make the invitation in the first place if it supposedly would have no real financial benefit to them..,.???? 😁👍 (cue the canned organ music)

Go Bills!!!

People have been looking far and wide for other events that would make a dome a more reasonable solution.  It doesn’t seem to far fetched to me for the University to provide a good dozen or more additional calendar dates each year. Throw in some concerts, which make sense on a major college campus and you’re getting closer to a well used indoor venue. 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

People have been looking far and wide for other events that would make a dome a more reasonable solution.  It doesn’t seem to far fetched to me for the University to provide a good dozen or more additional calendar dates each year. Throw in some concerts, which make sense on a major college campus and you’re getting closer to a well used indoor venue. 

No doubt, I still don’t think most believe it will happen, and are just having fun talking about it, but ya never can tell what may happen when the stadium game is being played, I am certain that the Pegulas want as much revenue as is possible to mitigate their out of pocket costs, and get the dollars rolling in as soon and as much as possible. 

36 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

No doubt, I still don’t think most believe it will happen, and are just having fun talking about it, but ya never can tell what may happen when the stadium game is being played, I am certain that the Pegulas want as much revenue as is possible to mitigate their out of pocket costs, and get the dollars rolling in as soon and as much as possible. 

Many on here know that I'm an Architect and I specialize in large Public Projects. I honestly think it's a great idea for what's commonly called a Public/Private partnership. The Amherst campus has the land, the parking, the roadway system, and the specific site (once one the current UB stadium is demolished). It also has the funding source partner in the State of NY.  The UB footprint where the current college stadium sits is almost identical in dimension to the dome NFL stadiums in Detroit, Minneapolis and Indianapolis. In fact, any of those would fit like a glove!

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Many on here know that I'm an Architect and I specialize in large Public Projects. I honestly think it's a great idea for what's commonly called a Public/Private partnership. The Amherst campus has the land, the parking, the roadway system, and the specific site (once one the current UB stadium is demolished). It also has the funding source partner in the State of NY.  The UB footprint where the current college stadium sits is almost identical in dimension to the dome NFL stadiums in Detroit, Minneapolis and Indianapolis. In fact, any of those would fit like a glove!

It makes too much sense.  Building 2 separate stadiums using public money isn't smart and many NFL teams share a stadium with a local college team.