The education gap between men and women

Sundancer

20 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Men will be fine. The highly educated coastal feminists will always need someone to fix their cars, their roofs, build them houses, provide security, stuff like that. Physical stuff, the kind of stuff guys are good at. 

Don’t forget Kill spiders and maintain the hot tub. 

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Men will be fine. The highly educated coastal feminists will always need someone to fix their cars, their roofs, build them houses, provide security, stuff like that. Physical stuff, the kind of stuff guys are good at. 

Have you spoken with a good contractor lately? If you have (they are hard to find), ask them how easy it is to find those guys you're talking about. Unless your contractor is hiring immigrants, he's going to tell you that it's very hard. Very hard indeed. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sundancer said:

What are you talking about? Is dismantling the trades part of your conspiracy mindset? Take a breath brother! 

No but men being less educated and less empowered is clearly  a victory for feminism, no?  

Trades…. Those also tend to be jobs that unfortunately gentrification seem to classify as uncool or low brow. Ironically I’ve met more people in construction, plumbing and Electricain work that retired early than in IT. I some times wonder if that would be more fulfilling than driving my team through an hour and a half PowerPoint review. I certainly enjoy doing the stuff on my own house. 

Maybe the 2050s will be the inverse of the 1950s with a homemaker being typically the male and women controlling all the levers of societal power? 

breathing just fine here. 

8 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Have you spoken with a good contractor lately? If you have (they are hard to find), ask them how easy it is to find those guys you're talking about. Unless your contractor is hiring immigrants, he's going to tell you that it's very hard. Very hard indeed. 

Very very hard and the good ones tend to become their own contractor. 

4 hours ago, TSOL said:

Do boys and girls learn differently? Is some curriculum better suited to one gender or another? 

Standardized  curriculum, makes about as much sense as making only one size shirt to fit everyone in the country. 

Similar to large sweeping social issues like vaccination., One policy to fit all is foolish. 

How about black children, do black children learn differently and respond to different teaching methods than others? And is there a gap? 

Standardized education is a nice baseline, but I feel it should be up to the parents to choose which educational path theyd like to see their kids follow. 

There are choices and options for parents when it comes to education for their kids, so while there may be differences in the way different children learn, i dont think that there is necessarily a gap. 

There are parents who prioritize education highly in their children and there are parents who dont. There isnt a gap between gender or color  

My friend teaches in this newer school in Vermont. It’s basically a trade school for kids. They identify what the kid is good at, identify what type of learner they are, and then pick the program.

There are no standardized tests, no grades, etc. It’s pretty interesting.

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

No but men being less educated and less empowered is clearly  a victory for feminism, no?  

Says the white guy. 

I don't think women outside of some screaming loon you can probably find on Twitter are advocating for men to dumb down or abandon trades. 

Trades…. Those also tend to be jobs that unfortunately gentrification seem to classify as uncool or low brow. Ironically I’ve met more people in construction, plumbing and Electricain work that retired early than in IT. I some times wonder if that would be more fulfilling than driving my team through an hour and a half PowerPoint review. I certainly enjoy doing the stuff on my own house. 

Agreed that there was moment when this was true re "uncool" but it seems that tide has turned. People value their tradespeople more, as they should, these days. 

Very very hard and the good ones tend to become their own contractor. 

Yup. And with that you kind of prove my point from above. Young men are not going to college in big numbers AND not going into trades. But hell if they can't mine a Twitter conspiracy to fulfill a sense of superiority.