New WGR lineup

YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

They have a tradition of having sharp, young, funny kids working for peanuts as the producer of their show.  Invariably, they leave after a fairly short time to find more money or get a better job.

I tend to like all of them.  The last kid they had was one of my favorites, but the "new" guy Sneaky Joe is good as well.  They're young and don't have the breadth of knowledge to put things in perspective, but they are sharp and definitely know the current sports scene.

The more they talk, the more I tend to enjoy S&B.

As a total aside, and something I have been paying a lot of attention to lately:  make note of how long Schopp can go without making a reference to gambling in some way.  It's about 5 minutes.

The guy is obsessed with gambling, sports betting, fantasy leagues, etc.

I'd love to know how much he loses a year.  I can't stand any of that talk, and when he really gets revved up telling us about his fantasy football lineup (I literally can't imagine anyone in the world caring about that but Schopp) I tend to tune out, or shut it off.

You’re right Next Man, since Audacy started pushing Bet QL, it’s steady diet of Joe Ostrowski, Nick Kostos commercials and now Trey Wingo.

Mike takes every show off course with reactions to the bumper music or random betting questions that nobody cares about. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

My disappointment is them cutting the Instigators show down to an hour...

Here's your next candidate to be recruited for covert CIA operations.  If you can listen to more than an hour of 'MarDEE BOOron' you're impervious to any form of torture.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He practically does that now. WGR let's him work from home using an AoIP link. But when you've been on the air for 30 years you get those concessions.

Bulldog might get special consideration to work from home during Covid because his wife is a nurse, so as to avoid any possible quarantine issues that could affect others at the station.

12 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

My disappointment is them cutting the Instigators show down to an hour. There was no reason to have homer Sal 5 days a week. 

I expect that when the football season is over they might expand the Instigators to two hours.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Here's your next candidate to be recruited for covert CIA operations.  If you can listen to more than an hour of 'MarDEE BOOron' you're impervious to any form of torture.

It has nothing to do with listening to him. In general there isn't enough hockey talk and it doesn't have to just be about the Sabres. I like the show and they do talk about what goes on in the NHL a lot. I would like all the football talk if they didn't just focus on the Bills all the time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.