OT- How do I get rid of a mole

theesir

The best way to rid moles is to rid your yard of the grubs they feed on, check with any lawn and garden shop they'll know what to give you, I know diazanon(sp) works well. It will take a while for you to notice the difference but trust me its the best route to take.

HELP!!! He's destroying my back yard.

24109[/snapback]

Recently, shops are selling a poison to kill 'em. Very pricey. Can't say if it works. The zinc stuff for gophers isn't effective. The castor-oil topical sprays work fairly well - they tend to push them back upon your neighbors - the moles don't like the taste of it when they surface. They sell guillotine traps that work, but you have to dedicate your life to watching them. I have them, and I use the oil spray and the "smoke" bombs that you stick into the tunnels. The bombs chase them away for a few days, but are fun to set off and lets you think you are doing something.

The best way to rid moles is to rid your yard of the  grubs they feed on, check with any lawn and garden shop they'll know what to give you, I know diazanon(sp) works well. It will take a while for you to notice the difference but trust me its the best route to take.

24128[/snapback]

I'm going to go to the nursery this weekend and look into that. Maybe all of today's rain will drown the little stevestojan out!!!

Recently, shops are selling a poison to kill 'em. Very pricey. Can't say if it works. The zinc stuff for gophers isn't effective. The castor-oil topical sprays work fairly well - they tend to push them back upon your neighbors - the moles don't like the taste of it when they surface.  They sell guillotine traps that work, but you have to dedicate your life to watching them.  I have them, and I use the oil spray and the "smoke" bombs that you stick into the tunnels. The bombs chase them away for a few days, but are fun to set off and lets you think you are doing something.

24131[/snapback]

This was the kind of solution I was looking for.... Incindiaries and guillotines!!! I'm pissed at the rodent so this seem like the best revenge-based approach! :pirate:

Shove  tennis balls down the holes.  That should suffocate 'em.

24147[/snapback]

I can see this coming from a mile away, everytime someone ask how to fix this or repair that we will all suggest a Tball to rectify their problems

I've tried everthing over the past several years. The only things that work are the traps(but you have to monitor their runs and set them on the fresh ones; sometimes I've ru a hose in the runs andwaited for them to come up, sometimes 30 ft. away. The most effective method I've found is to sprau castor oil (Mole Med) around the perimeter of my yard and soak it in. It won't kill them, but it hurts their eyes and coats worms and grubs. WHen they eat, it gives them an upset stomach and gives them the runs. It doesn't work immediately, but over time, they circle my fence line and hit the neighbors yard.

I've tried everthing over the past several years. The only things that work are the traps(but you have to monitor their runs and set them on the fresh ones; sometimes I've ru a hose in the runs andwaited for them to come up, sometimes 30 ft. away. The most effective method I've found is to sprau castor oil (Mole Med) around the perimeter of my yard and soak it in. It won't kill them, but it hurts their eyes and coats worms and grubs. WHen they eat, it gives them an upset stomach and gives them the runs. It doesn't work immediately, but over time, they circle my fence line and hit the neighbors yard.

24180[/snapback]

This blows!!!! I may just have to buy a damned cat!

HELP!!! He's destroying my back yard.

24109[/snapback]

If you can get an open burrow or two - stuff some dry ice down the hole.

When the stuff sublimates it seeks the lowest level and will follow winding burrows.

Yes, this works and no corpses -

Or buy a ferret