Predict the Season

GunnerBill

On 8/21/2021 at 12:27 AM, Joe Ferguson said:

This is just my humble opinion.  I think the the Bills will go 8-8-1.

Josh Allen will regress because he will see more fans in the stadium. 

Come on. You aren't being serious...

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

For lack of a better thread to put it in....I was going over the enitre NFL schedule game by game.....There is a big cluster of teams that figure to go about 9-8 to 8-9 or so.  Getting to 10 wins will be a big deal in the wild card races.  That said....The Bills schedule is more favorable than what the Chiefs have but not by much.  I think the Bills play in the tougher division this year as I don't think much of the Raiders or Broncos, but I do think the Phins and Pats can make some noise.  The week 5 KC/BILLS matchup is going to be HUGE.  That game may well determine the 1 seed.  I'd also like to think that most years going into the final week, you usually know the 1 seed and maybe that team can rest some guys.  I don't think it will go down like that.  If it comes down to playing out week 17 to determine the 1 seed...that is also advantage Bills....you all host the jets..KC is on the road at Denver.  Not that the Jets or Denver are that great, but going on the road in the cold to Denver is not better than the Bills at home to the Jets.

Can't wait for this season.  Truly, the AFC is going to be a 2 team race...with Cleveland a distant 3rd and Tenn a distant 4th.  

When I did the playoff predictor https://playoffpredictors.com/Football/NFL at the weekend I ended up with:

AFC

1. Buffalo 14-3

2. Kansas City 13-4

3. Tennessee 11-6

4. Cleveland 11-6

5. Baltimore 11-6

6. Los Angeles 11-6

7. New England 9-8

NFC

1. Los Angeles 12-5

2. Tampa Bay 12-5

3. Green Bay 11-6

4. Dallas 10-7

5. Seattle 12-5

6. San Francisco 12-5

7. Carolina 10-7

Now obviously no guarantee that those are even close to being right but there you go :D

I posted this on August 2nd so I'll just paste it in here so I can see how wrong I was at season's end.

Steelers - WIN

@ Dolphins - could see us splitting with them this year, and they'll be out for revenge after the humiliation last year. Although Josh seems to have the Dolphins number more than any other team, so I'll say WIN

WFT - Tough D and Fitzmagic. I'll put this down as a loss with Fitz doing his thing in the 4th quarter. Hopefully he has one of his bad games here. LOSS

Texans - Following the loss to the Sk... sorry, WTF, sorry, WFT, this would be a disaster with some fans here calling Allen a one season wonder. Surely that can't happen? It won't happen, and don't call me Shirley. WIN.

Chiefs - They still have our number, we'll have to take them in the playoffs. LOSS.

Titans - Will Henry be throwing defenders into the air again or will the defense shackle him? To me this is a coin flip game, but I'll say we get revenge with some big Allen runs. WIN

Phins - WIN

Jaguars - WIN

Jets - WIN

Colts - So many of the issues in the playoff game came from the veteran savvy of Rivers. He's gone now and I don't see Wentz giving those same problems. - WIN

Saints - Remains to be seen how these guys do without Brees. They're a well coached team as they showed when Brees was out last year but their QB situation is a huge ? right now. WIN

Pats - This is a tough one to call. Lots of opt outs back and big FA signings. I'm hoping they implode once again and when we play them they've already given up on the year. But until I see that happen I think they'll have a bounce back year. I think we split with them, losing at home and winning in Gilette - LOSS

Buccs - Brady owns us until we prove he doesn't. He's the antichrist and I refuse to bet against him because I think that only increases his power. LOSS

Panthers - A nice reunion for 89% of our roster! WIN

Pats - WIN

Falcons - WIN

Jets - Will we be resting players again at some point in a meaningless game? If that happens and Wilson win, SAR I spends the next off season pointing out how this game is proof that the kid will own us from now on. I think we'll need this game and will go for it. WIN

13-4

I've probably been too generous in some places - will we really beat the Colts and the Titans? I might change my mind before the season and put one of those down as a loss.