We need to cut 5 players. Who are they?

On 8/22/2021 at 9:02 AM, gonzo1105 said:

Saf- Tariq Thompson

DE- Mike Love

TE- Bug Howard

OL- Tyler Gauthier 

CB- Olijuah Griffin

3 out of 5 ain’t bad. Surprising that they kept Love as I gotta think he will pursue a different opportunity than the PS again for the Bills. Griffin I can see why they kept. Thought Hester initially but with Star and Oliver likely not playing and Phillips hurt they are gonna need Bryant and Hester to take the bulk of the reps in this final game

On 8/23/2021 at 9:22 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks, helpful!

So for what it's worth, I don't believe Mike Love and Treyvon Hester played a snap on Sunday.

For guys at the bottom of the roster, that's often a sign that the team has decided they aren't the answer and don't want to risk injury.

Tyler Gauthier played 21% of the snaps at Center.  Jordan Devey played 35% of the snaps at Center.   I'm unsure who was playing center when Webb had a fumble that appeared to be caused by a botched exchange - I think it was Gauthier.  One of these guys may be a candidate to "move on".  The other is likely to stay so we have a camp body center. 

I think Gauthier may be the better center, and is also young (24) and presumably could be developed, but they liked Devey (age 33) enough to keep him on the PS all last season, bring him up for a game, and bring him back.

I tend to think that having missed most of camp on the Covid-19 list, Marquise Lee may be a Turk candidate.

Bug Howard, a late signing, only played 8 snaps.  Unless they were spectacular snaps, he might be lin line to move along, but we are pretty thin at TE so there's that.

So, my guess:

Mike Love

Treyvon Hester

Bug Howard

Jordan Devey

Marquise Lee

Wow, OK, I only got 1 out of 5 (Bug Howard) this time.

I was debating between 2 for OL cuts and picked the wrong one (Devey vs Gauthier) - seems like keeping vet experience over a younger, possible to develop player

I was off on the LB, I thought they liked Tyrell Adams

I thought they wouldn't snip a safety with various injuries at DB

AND I thought Lance Lenoir had made enough plays he might actually wind up on the PS!

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

3 of 5…I’m getting better. Picked the wrong LB and did not see Lenoir getting got. 

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

3 out of 5 ain’t bad. Surprising that they kept Love as I gotta think he will pursue a different opportunity than the PS again for the Bills. Griffin I can see why they kept. Thought Hester initially but with Star and Oliver likely not playing and Phillips hurt they are gonna need Bryant and Hester to take the bulk of the reps in this final game

You guys Da Man