My guess for the Offensive Line...

Rubes

...is that, after tinkering all preseason, Teague will end up at LT since he has had the most experience at that spot and will probably perform the best. My guess is that Tucker will start the season as the starting C, but if "Duke" shows anything I'm guessing the job will be his sooner or later.

I just don't see Gandy or Peters being able to step up and hold down the LT position, at least not right away. My brother-in-law, a Bears fan, didn't have much good to say about Gandy, so I'm not expecting much from him yet.

This, of course, depends greatly on what happens between now and training camp, particularly if Shelton somehow finds his way onto the roster.

If Campbell and Euhus both recover well enough to be there opening day, I wonder if Neufeld will stick as a FB instead of TE. I guess it will come down to who we prefer, Burns or Neufeld. But this Everett kid's got me excited, and I think these coaches will be looking for ways to get this kid on the field. That spells trouble for Neufeld if the other two guys are getting healthy.

I agree that Teague will start the season at LT, and Gandy will stuggle to make the team.

However Peter's will be given alot of reps / time at LT and will be the eventual starter at LT IMO.

The Tucker/ Preston battle will come down to how well Preston does in camp and preseason. If its a close call you give it to Preston so JP won't be switching C's in a year and they get on the same page.

I agree that Teague will start the season at LT, and Gandy will stuggle to make the team.

However Peter's will be given alot of reps / time at LT and will be the eventual starter at LT IMO.

The Tucker/ Preston battle will come down to how well Preston does in camp and preseason. If its a close call you give it to Preston so JP won't be switching C's in a year and they get on the same page.

320880[/snapback]

Agree, Teague is the LT right now, but I really think there is another LT coming into camp. Walker or Shelton.

I see Gandy making this team, because I think that even if he does not have the quality to be our starting LT (my guess is that Teague is better and than even a flipped MW would be a better choice than Gandy) he actually is quite capable of filling a number of other roles on the OL.

I see Gandy as being this year's version of Marcus Price who though i think there is a better candidate to start at LT (Teague in the Jennings role), Gandy has played LT, RT and even some G in this league and he will make the team as a swing guy if JMac can not train him up to the starter level.

320880[/snapback]

I don't know much about O-linemen, however there appears to be alot of

people who believe Peters will develop into a starter.

Why do people believe an undrafted fA will develop into probably the most

difficult position on the O line?

My guess is that Teague goes to LT, partly because of Peters and the fact Teague has a year left on contract. This way they can spend the entire year getting Peters ready to play next season. Tucker and Preston battle it out for starting C, which could be interesting because I think Preston has a real chance of starting right away. The staff really seems to like this guy. Tucker, however, played pretty well and is nasty. They may wish to start the season with a big, nasty middle of Anderson, Tucker and Villarial and develop a team identity.

The downside of Tucker and Preston battling it out early is splitting practice and pre-season time between starting centers when you have JP back there, but I don't see it as too big a problem.

320911[/snapback]

Quickness plus speed on a chiseled powerful body. I think Peters is a freak in that I think he would be a dominant DT. In the olden days when everybody -but the left half back and QB -played both ways Peters would have advertised his full range of ability and we would have had to make a choice. Jim Dunaway a massive tackle( from Ole Miss i think) was a two way guy who switched to DT. Tom day of the 60's Bills and Dunaway teammate was switched by sweet lou Saban to D-Line. I saw another post which indicated tha Roscoe Parrish would fit well in as a DB. One thing is for sure if any of this ever comes to be I think on of the first coaches to lead the way will be Mularkey

Quickness plus speed on a chiseled powerful body. I think Peters is a freak in that I think he would be a dominant DT. In the olden days when everybody -but the left half back and QB -played both ways Peters would have advertised his full range of ability and we would have had to make a choice. Jim Dunaway a massive tackle( from Ole Miss i think) was a two way guy who switched to DT. Tom day of the 60's Bills and Dunaway teammate was switched by sweet lou Saban to D-Line. I saw another post which indicated tha Roscoe Parrish would fit well in as a DB. One thing is for sure if any of this ever comes to be I  think on of the first coaches to lead the way will be Mularkey

320933[/snapback]

That was me, and I still think it will happen. There is something about how fluid he is returning the ball that I get the sense that he has the hip dip to play DB. In fact if he learns to tackle, I think he could do quite well there.

Who is Walker?

320974[/snapback]

Kenyatta Walker from the Tampa Bay Bucs. A player the Bills could of had but traded down and selected Clements instead.

Walker will never be a Bill, and I believe Teague, Peters, and McFarland all represent better options at LT

320911[/snapback]

He has the strength, size and agility to play LT. He just lacks the experience and technique.

Technique can be taught and Peter's has been working on that and will get plenty of camp and preseason exposure. Experience can be gained, which is what he has been and will be doing. Ability is something you either have or you don't.

Its always a gamble, but there is no doubt that Peter's is a football player, not some workout wonder with great #'s

He has the strength, size and agility to play LT. He just lacks the experience and technique.

Technique can be taught and Peter's has been working on that and will get plenty of camp and preseason exposure. Experience can be gained, which is what he has been and will be doing. Ability is something you either have or you don't.

Its always a gamble, but there is no doubt that Peter's is a football player, not some workout wonder with great #'s

321040[/snapback]

If Peters is such a phenomenal athlete (I think he is) with soft hands and a nose for the ball (witness the blocked punt and recovery for a TD) then why o why would you take the ball out of the hands of a guy who earned a PS spot and forced his way onto the roster because of his work at TE?

Peters did not make the roster allegedly because his blocking was not sufficient for a TE even of his predigious pass catching skill.

If he has in fact shown so much as a blocker we are willing to allow him to protect the QBs blindside, it sounds to me far more logical to simply put him at TE where his new found blocking ability allows you now to take advantage of this pass catching and route running which won him notice in the first place.

My guess is that Teague goes to LT, partly because of Peters and the fact Teague has a year left on contract. This way they can spend the entire year getting Peters ready to play next season. Tucker and Preston battle it out for starting C, which could be interesting because I think Preston has a real chance of starting right away. The staff really seems to like this guy. Tucker, however, played pretty well and is nasty. They may wish to start the season with a big, nasty middle of Anderson, Tucker and Villarial and develop a team identity.

The downside of Tucker and Preston battling it out early is splitting practice and pre-season time between starting centers when you have JP back there, but I don't see it as too big a problem.

320917[/snapback]

Hey man, you raise a GREAT point!

If I were Teague, I would kill for the chance to compete at LT in the last year of a contract. Can you imagine the incentive? If he has an above average year, he gets a contract ala Jennings!!!

The Bills OL might not be so bad in 05 after all. :(

Hey man, you raise a GREAT point!

If I were Teague, I would kill for the chance to compete at LT in the last year of a contract. Can you imagine the incentive? If he has an above average year, he gets a contract ala Jennings!!!

The Bills OL might not be so bad in 05 after all.  :(

321119[/snapback]

It could work out that way. Even though I know that it happens sometimes, I am surprised by the "contract year" scenario. It seems that all fans consider just about every player that is in his contract year to play harder and I guess in turn better. But doesn't that automatically imply he has been dogging it somehow all his career up until that point? That he could have been trying harder all along and just went through the motions to some extent or didn't give it his all?

It could work out that way. Even though I know that it happens sometimes, I am surprised by the "contract year" scenario. It seems that all fans consider just about every player that is in his contract year to play harder and I guess in turn better. But doesn't that automatically imply he has been dogging it somehow all his career up until that point? That he could have been trying harder all along and just went through the motions to some extent or didn't give it his all?

321187[/snapback]

No, I do not see any automatic implication. Here is another way to look at it.....

Teague is older and more experienced than his last try at the LT position. Additionally, being around McNally can only help. Also, what if Anderson turns out to be a good LG? That would be a huge help.

My point is that I can see Teague being psyched and motivated at the mere possibility of having a good year and hitting the "LT Jackpot."

This would be awesome for both TT and the Buffalo Bills Football Team!

I see Gandy making this team, because I think that even if he does not have the quality to be our starting LT (my guess is that Teague is better and than even a flipped MW would be a better choice than Gandy) he actually is quite capable of filling a number of other roles on the OL.

I see Gandy as being this year's version of Marcus Price who though i think there is a better candidate to start at LT (Teague in the Jennings role), Gandy has played LT, RT and even some G in this league and he will make the team as a swing guy if JMac can not train him up to the starter level.

320901[/snapback]

I agree with you there, I think Gandy will definitely be the Marcus Price of 2005. I just don't think he'll prove to have enough to start at LT, whereas Teague has done so in the past, and we now have one or two additional guys who can probably do a nice job at C.

The problem with Peters is getting him on the field. If he is slated as a T, he'll have to develop significantly to make the starting roster. If they keep him at TE, we now have five TEs (Campbell, Euhus, Everett, Neufeld, and Peters) and it's clear that the coaches are high on Campbell and Euhus, if they can recover well from their injuries. Plus, there's no doubt that Everett was drafted to get on the field. Where does that leave Peters?

I agree with you there, I think Gandy will definitely be the Marcus Price of 2005. I just don't think he'll prove to have enough to start at LT, whereas Teague has done so in the past, and we now have one or two additional guys who can probably do a nice job at C.

The problem with Peters is getting him on the field. If he is slated as a T, he'll have to develop significantly to make the starting roster. If they keep him at TE, we now have five TEs (Campbell, Euhus, Everett, Neufeld, and Peters) and it's clear that the coaches are high on Campbell and Euhus, if they can recover well from their injuries. Plus, there's no doubt that Everett was drafted to get on the field. Where does that leave Peters?

321245[/snapback]

Peters is strictly a LT now. They may stick him in there in situations as the third TE in short yardage, but he will be practicing strictly as a LT and will take up one of the OL roster and active roster spots. The TEs will fight it out but barring injury, I don't any way in hell they do not go with Campbell, Euhus and Everett. It's possible that neufeld will take Joe Burns spot as emergency FB and special teams player but I doubt that, too.

If Peters is such a phenomenal athlete (I think he is) with soft hands and a nose for the ball (witness the blocked punt and recovery for a TD) then why o why would you take the ball out of the hands of a guy who earned a PS spot and forced his way onto the roster because of his work at TE?

Peters did not make the roster allegedly because his blocking was not sufficient for a TE even of his predigious pass catching skill.

If he has in fact shown so much as a blocker we are willing to allow him to protect the QBs blindside, it sounds to me far more logical to simply put him at TE where his new found blocking ability allows you now to take advantage of this pass catching and route running which won him notice in the first place.

321110[/snapback]

because starting caliber LT cost a boat load of money and TEs are dime a dozen,especially since we just drafted our new stud TE.