Michael Thomas out for start of season after surgery (update: won’t return in 2021)

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Michael Thomas out for start of season after surgery (update: won’t return in 2021)
15 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

For the first few years he was in the league, I thought he was a good guy and he seem to be just a quiet, kind of go-about-you-business type. Then, his inner diva started to come out. I don’t wish the guy any ill will, but I’m not sure I can trust him.

You definitely can’t trust him.  The team that paid him way more money than he’s worth doesn’t trust him.  Taking on 22M in dead cap to cut him is a no brainer.  

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You definitely can’t trust him.  The team that paid him way more money than he’s worth doesn’t trust him.  Taking on 22M in dead cap to cut him is a no brainer.  

2018 and 2019 on-field Michael Thomas was elite. There is no question of that. I understand why they paid him big $. Since then he has been a malcontent and seemingly wants out of NO, an organization with a pretty strong player-friendly reputation.

7 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

2018 and 2019 on-field Michael Thomas was elite. There is no question of that. I understand why they paid him big $. Since then he has been a malcontent and seemingly wants out of NO, an organization with a pretty strong player-friendly reputation.

Yeah, his play was elite.  I wonder how much he would’ve earned if he had Tyrod as his QB during his first few years.  He can thank Drew Brees for the $ and thank his himself for imploding mentally and ensuring he would only receive the guaranteed portion of the contract 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, his play was elite.  I wonder how much he would’ve earned if he had Tyrod as his QB during his first few years.  He can thank Drew Brees for the $ and thank his himself for imploding mentally and ensuring he would only receive the guaranteed portion of the contract 

I’m not here to create a lengthy argument about this, but his catch radius is immense. He has great hands and can do a lot with his feet. Josh would love to have a guy like him at his peak on this team. Brees did him a lot of favours because he was his favourite target, but Michael Thomas is no slouch

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’m not here to create a link the argument about this, but his catch radius is immense. He has great hands and can do a lot with his feet. Josh would love to have a guy like him at his peak on this team. Brees did him a lot of favours because he was his favourite target, but Michael Thomas is no slouch

Michael Thomas was no slouch.  He was great.  We have no idea what Michael Thomas is right now.  Mentally, he’s had episodes.  He mismanaged his injury.  The team wanted surgery and he refused iirc.  Turns out, he needed the surgery.  He didn’t look like the same player last season.  Maybe it was due to injury.  

If he’s all good mentally and physically, he’d be the perfect fit for this team. Elite WR.  His recent behavior scares me and has me thinking that we’ll be seeing more negativity from him in the future.  He might be best going to a loaded SB team and just fitting in, a la AB.  Just one guys opinion 

while I don’t believe that he’s worth his current contract, I do believe that he can be a very good player.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.