Dan Pompei gives us a B for the draft

Some of these draft grades just have to make you laugh. USA today slams us because we used our first round pick last year for JP, and they don't know whether he will pan out. Like they know that the guys picked this weekend will be worthy of where they were selected. <_<

Given the choice of using last year's #24 (is that the right pick?) to grab JP vs. picking a QB at 20 this year is a no brainer for me. Take JP and have him on the roster for 1 year. Does that guarantee success? Hell no, but there are no guarantees for this year's QBs either.

Bunch a mo-rons!

Media fllaks like to eat and cash a paycheck. If they pan teams, they soon find themselves on the outside looking in.

Grade inflation is SOOO common and is bought into. That's why your kids get found out. After you spent all that $ for college. <_<

That someone said that this Bill's draft is "above average" is just the keep-me-on-the-job ba-de-bah.

It stunk. A draft for flash and designed to get' 'em showing up in the stadium.

What's funny about that is that he gave the Jaguars a D. If we drafted Matt Jones and Khalif Barnes the Big Name Banshees here would still be shitting themselves this afternoon.

318459[/snapback]

Of course, we would have taken them MUCH later than Jax, so it's kind of hard to compare.

If something wierd happened and the Bills picked Matt Jones with their pick, I would have been changing my underwear.

It's a lot easier to give a good grade to a crappy team that had a high pick in each round than it is to grade a team that didn't pick until #55. I think that the Bills did a good job with what they had.

Some of the other pundits criticized not trading TH as part of the draft. But, if it meant taking a 4th round pick for him, I'm glad that we didn't make the trade.

BTW, if you were a sports writer and were grading this draft, wouldn't you just give everyone pretty good grades?? Maybe not all A's, but like C+ and up?

I mean, if no one can possible know how this draft can be graded yet, and no one will care how you ranked the draft 3 years from now, why not make your readers happy?

If something wierd happened and the Bills picked Matt Jones with their pick, I would have been changing my underwear.

318493[/snapback]

I hope this statement doesn't mean you wait until the Bills make a shocking pick to change your underware <_<

I hope this statement doesn't mean you wait until the Bills make a shocking pick to change your underware :D

318503[/snapback]

<_<

He could be in for a long year. Hell, the people around him are in for a longer year!

Yeah but.  If we had stayed put last year we could have had Grove at Center, Rodgers at QB (who I think will be better then JP), and the 5th that Dallas drafted a TE with last year.

318505[/snapback]

..and Drew would still be the Qb because TD wouldnt give the reins over to someone else unless he was groomed for at least a year. Addition by subtraction. The loss of Bledsoe was the best move made by this team this offseason. As much as people whined about Roscoe, ect...the media and fans would have had a field day if there was no QB for the future in last years draft.

..and Drew would still be the Qb because TD wouldnt give the reins over to someone else unless he was groomed for at least a year.  Addition by subtraction.  The loss of Bledsoe was the best move made by this team this offseason.  As much as people whined about Roscoe, ect...the media and fans would have had a field day if there was no QB for the future in last years draft.

318519[/snapback]

Well, I disagree. But that is why we each have our own opinion. We really won't know for 2-3 years now. But I would have felt more comfortable with Rodgers as a rookie, then Losman as a 2nd year player. Plus we would have had the francise center with a year under his belt.