Dear TD bashers

The TD bashers are people that only understand instant gratification- something that usually hurts you long term, but these people dont understand what the words LONG TERM mean!!! Hopefully they apply to Donahoe's stay w/the Bills!!!

317915[/snapback]

Sure we understand long term....we have waited 5 yrs for the rebuilding and looks like 2-3 more years of it...8 yrs is long term to wait to make the playoffs.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My mistake then.

But the bottom line is, do you think Kelly Holcomb in the prime of his career is going to want to sit behind a younger, franchise QB for very long while other teams that are tranitioning at their QB position would jump at the chance to sign him for a starter?

317988[/snapback]

Don't think he's going to have a choice. No one wanted him as their starter. He couldn't even solidify a starting spot on the Browns roster.

My mistake then.

But the bottom line is, do you think Kelly Holcomb in the prime of his career is going to want to sit behind a younger, franchise QB for very long while other teams that are tranitioning at their QB position would jump at the chance to sign him for a starter?

317988[/snapback]

This will be Kelly Holcomb's 9th year in the league and he will be 32 in July. Judging by the fact that he agreed to a four-year contract, knowing he would primarily be used as a second-stringer, tells me that he kind of knows what his role in this league is.

Don't think he's going to have a choice.  No one wanted him as their starter.  He couldn't even solidify a starting spot on the Browns roster.

317994[/snapback]

We'd go nowhere w/Holcomb as a starter- he's not near good enough

Sure we understand long term....we have waited 5 yrs for the rebuilding and looks like 2-3 more years of it...8 yrs is long term to wait to make the playoffs.

317993[/snapback]

Well, Bledsoe was the quick fix, and didnt work- so we have to build a team, and it requires much patience.

317993[/snapback]

I don't quite understand why everyone thinks we won't make the playoffs for 3 more years. We were on the cusp last year, and we only lost Pat Williams and Jonas Jennings. Servicable veterans, but not blue-chippers by any means. McGahee and Evans are going to shine in their second year of starting, and I believe Losman is an upgrade over Bledsoe. Losman may make some mistakes, but I think his arm and his legs will win some games as well.

I just don't understand the negativism of this team, based on the losses of only 2 meaningful starters off of last years squad.

My mistake then.

317988[/snapback]

Uh, he's under contract. Where the hell is going to go? It's a contract he signed KNOWING the BILLS had a first round draft choice who had already been annointed starter. If he wanted to be a starter, he could have stayed in CLEVELAND.

Nice "lahjik." ;)

We'd go nowhere w/Holcomb as a starter- he's not near good enough

318003[/snapback]

I don't understand what would have been so wrong and so shocking about TD drafting a QB in the later rounds? Especially if one the caliber of Kyle Orton was there?

Those who said Bills would go WR were chastised by many for even suggesting that they wouldn't go OL or DL. But it happened. And what about drafting McGahee with TH on the roster? You can't rule out anything with TD. He's going to draft the best available player and if we had made a trade with Philly for their 4th, Orton would have been the best player there. We wouldn't draft a QB in the first 3 rounds, but I don't think a 4th would have been out of the question.

Shane Matthews is a joke IMO and Kelly Holcomb won't be here forever. Orton could have been groomed into a career backup the likes of AVP and he has the upside and skill to be even better than that.

Shane Matthews is a joke IMO and Kelly Holcomb won't be here forever. Orton could have been groomed into a career backup the likes of AVP and he has the upside and skill to be even better than that.

318019[/snapback]

Obviously our front office doesn't agree with you.

I don't understand what would have been so wrong and so shocking about TD drafting a QB in the later rounds? Especially if one the caliber of Kyle Orton was there?

Those who said Bills would go WR were chastised by many for even suggesting that they wouldn't go OL or DL. But it happened. And what about drafting McGahee with TH on the roster? You can't rule out anything with TD. He's going to draft the best available player and if we had made a trade with Philly for their 4th, Orton would have been the best player there. We wouldn't draft a QB in the first 3 rounds, but I don't think a 4th would have been out of the question.

318019[/snapback]

DUDE, how many more people need to say it??

1.) It's true that Kelly Holcomb won't be here forever. Neither will JP Losman, Willis McGahee, or Takeo Spikes. Because eventually everyone leaves. For now, Holcomb is entering Year 1 of a FOUR YEAR CONTRACT.

2.) The Bills have THREE QBs on the roster. Why worry about Shane Matthews being a joke as the third string quarterback (PS, he isn't a joke and even if he were, who cares? It's the third string quarterback) when there are plenty of other things to worry about?? Like OL? BTW, they happened to address OL in the 4th round, same round when Orton was taken.

3.) You're so damn worried about Holcomb wanting to jump ship and become a starter somewhere else. Don't you think someone like Orton (10 years Holcomb's junior) might also want that?? Do you think he might be thinking of himself as the next Tom Brady right now?? Do you think he's gonna want to sit behind a kid who's only a year older than him??

Enough with the Orton already.

The TD bashers are people that only understand instant gratification- something that usually hurts you long term, but these people dont understand what the words LONG TERM mean!!! Hopefully they apply to Donahoe's stay w/the Bills!!!

317915[/snapback]

Right. That's what it's all about. Endless rebuilding.

Why would you possibly want Donohoe to have traded Travis last year for a top pick when he could have, or trade him for a 4th - 5th rounder this past weekend, or trade him for anything he can get in the future? Please tell me why you would be happy with this? The player he is going to draft for TH will be just as stupid, we won't need, will not be Jonathan Ogden, will have no chance to make it in the NFL and is destined to be a bust anyway, making our team even worse than it is now. Right?

This played out pretty much as TD said it would. He and the brass put a value and a worth as they see it on Henry, and wanted something of equal value for him. No one came close to it, for the myriad of reasons already discussed, and now he's our back-up this year until someone makes an offer for what he is worth. Nothing really has changed.

317891[/snapback]

Taking into account your sarcasm you are absolutely right. There is a lot of time between now and the trade deadline where injuries cause needs to influence value. I have faith that TD is wise enough to know the relative worth of TH as events transpire.

In addition were TD to have blinked on draft day and "gave" TH away he would have diminished his reputation and as a result impaired any future hope of firm resolve in the eyes of other GM's. It may be that TH's value to the Bills has been exhausted. If so why blink?

If TH has any hope now to "cash in" next year he had better be the warrior he was once touted and proved to be. If he pouts his way through 2006 he is signing his own financial death warrant. so TD's hole cards are still good. No help on the flop but the river.......

Right. That's what it's all about. Endless rebuilding.

318046[/snapback]

You know, I have just about fuggin had it with this 'five-year-rebuilding' crap.

Bledsoe was NOT a part of Donahoe's rebuilding plan when he first came here. But like any successful person, he saw an opportunity to upgrade the team fast, and he took it, knowing full well that this was a DETOUR. In the process, he rejuvenated the city, sold tons of tickets, put a crapload of cash in Ralph's pocket, and then his experiment failed.

So last year we went back to the drawing board. He made a mistake. He admitted it. He moved on. And now he's putting together a pretty good goddam team.

In fact, it'd be a REAL good goddam team if Henry would have just STFU instead of making stupid comments that HELPED keep him from getting traded. You want to blame TD for not trading Henry? Anyone here want to blame Henry just as much? You should because he screwed the pooch by tipping Donahoe's hand.

But oh...it's a five-year-rebuilding plan and some of you just can't wait any longer and it's all TD's fault.

I can't believe how many people see things only the way they want to see them so them have something to B word about.

You know, I have just about fuggin had it with this 'five-year-rebuilding' crap.

Bledsoe was NOT a part of Donahoe's rebuilding plan when he first came here. But like any successful person, he saw an opportunity to upgrade the team fast, and he took it, knowing full well that this was a DETOUR. In the process, he rejuvenated the city, sold tons of tickets, put a crapload of cash in Ralph's pocket, and then his experiment failed.

So last year we went back to the drawing board. He made a mistake. He admitted it. He moved on. And now he's putting together a pretty good goddam team.

In fact, it'd be a REAL good goddam team if Henry would have just STFU instead of making stupid comments that HELPED keep him from getting traded. You want to blame TD for not trading Henry? Anyone here want to blame Henry just as much? You should because he screwed the pooch by tipping Donahoe's hand.

But oh...it's a five-year-rebuilding plan and some of you just can't wait any longer and it's all TD's fault.

I can't believe how many people see things only the way they want to see them so them have something to B word about.

318059[/snapback]

Well, sure TH is a grade-a arsehole. But I find it just as humorous that people are all too willing to let TD off the hook for Gregg and Drew.

Well, sure TH is a grade-a arsehole. But I find it just as humorous that people are all too willing to let TD off the hook for Gregg and Drew.

318065[/snapback]

Speaking for myself, I don't let him off the hook for Gregg. That was a total fugup, exacerbated by having Gilbride by his side. However, I don't fault him for taking the detour with Drew. It didn't work. He knows it. He moved on.

317915[/snapback]

I think some people are annoyed with TD because the Bills have gone four years without making it to the playoffs. Nobody wants this franchise to turn into the Arizona Cardinals or the current 49ers where losing is aceptable and the norm.

Until the Bills make the postseason with TD, fans have every right to call him out on the carpet.