Bannan back to DT--other items

JoeF

Post draft interview is up on bb.com

Some highlight tidbits:

Donahoe:

1) On Henry--Can't negotiate a trade when no other team makes an offer

2) Needed to get better on offense

3) It would be tough to draft a Defensive player and have him make the team with our depth on D.

MM:

1) Bannan back to DT--thinks Geisinger will take that depth spot

2) Henry-we want him back. He is frustrated but we respect what he has done for the team. That is why we tried to accommodate him with the trade. The odds for a trade are slimmer and we would love to have him back to come in and compete.

3) Teague, Peters and Gandy in the mix at LT.

Modrak:

1) Everett-We felt fortunate he was there when we picked--we talked about him earlier.

2) Preston-tough guy and a strong guy. Have to be strong guy to play center. We brought him in for a visit to Buffalo to find out more about him. He is X's and O's smart.

3) Draft fell pretty well this year based on who we wanted and who we got--we had 8-10 names--came pretty good. Got people where we were hoping.

4) Thought Clarett move was a bit rich for him.

5) There weren't that many pure left tackles and they came off the board quick.

6) Corners in the draft were deep. See King as nickle/dime and special teams who could grow into more.

These guys are pretty forthright...

The clear messages I heard were:

1) After the first couple of tackles capable of handling left tackle were off the board--they found noone else close to the value that they wanted when their picks came up. They decided to stay true to their board.

2) MM is geeked about Everett...says he can't wait to work with him and that he has skills you cannot teach...like speed.

3) Modrak is pretty darn funny...when they asked him about Clarett a second time--he said--I better not say anymore--I still have some friends in Denver.

4) TD got in a little shot at Hadley Engelhard, Travis's agent...he said: "The agent wanted the trade and we ended up working harder than the agent to try to get something done" ouch.........

thanks joeF. i was hoping someone would listen to that whole thing and make a post like this.

317400[/snapback]

I know not everyone has all the time in the world, but BB.com really does offer a lot of cool things to watch or listen to. Their offerings are a joy and i suggest more spend the time listening to them, its good to hear what our Brass is thinking most of the time. I take a specific hour out of my homework procrastination period (6am-1am most days) to listen to the occassional press conference.

Bannan will be cut, IMO.

317484[/snapback]

LMAO! TD was just on the Channel 7 "Sunday Sports Roundup" and referred to him as Jason Bannan. He corrected himself a moment later, but that's not a real big confidence builder when the GM has trouble remembering your name. :(

The Bills are not crowded at DT, and therefore Bannan could stick in the rotation.

One free agent the Bills have signed according to BBI and the Zone, and another thread here is Geir Gudmundsen, a very strong tackle from the University of Albany. He's athletic enough to have a chance.

The Bills are not crowded at DT, and therefore Bannan could stick in the rotation. 

One free agent the Bills have signed according to BBI and the Zone, and another thread here is Geir Gudmundsen, a very strong tackle from the University of Albany.  He's athletic enough to have a chance.

317566[/snapback]

Hopefully it's his last year in the rotation, as that's all Justin will ever be is a guy off the bench. In terms of Gudmunsen the best I see for him is practice squad this year and possible guy off the bench as the University of Albany is a far ways from the NFL.