Hawthorne should be our pick

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We need help at DT and he is the best player left at that position.  I'll be a little upset if we don't take him if given the chance.

316466[/snapback]

I felt the same way in the 4th. I think if they didn't take him in the 4th there's no way they'll take him in the 5th. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I think the Bills staff don't want anything to do with him.

Seriously, I thought he was ours three rounds ago. If he's dropped this far, there must be some league-wide blackball on him - He really might go undrafted.

That said, it's gotta be him or one of the remaining OTs in this round (Munoz?) They're the best value picks - CBs are well picked over, and that's our other main need.

The thing is, he's been passed over 150 times now. In a weak draft, you'd think someone would have taken a chance on him by now and it makes me wonder what the problem is. No one wants him and I'm not quite sure I want the Bills to pick him, either.

We are in the 5th round. The thing is, all of these guys as this point in the draft are just educated guesses moreso than the first 2 or 3 rounds. Why not take a chance on a first round talent type guy in the 5th round? If he pans out we have a top notch defensive tackle in round 5, if not it was only a 5th rounder.

He has to get past New orleans.

316474[/snapback]

They took McPherson, which I think could turn out to be another great pick in this draft. Of course he was a bit of a glamour dark horse pick leading up to the draft, but I think it's a good fit for him down in NO.