Hawthorne should be our pick

a 1st round pick falling to the 5th. and we pass. why? cus he tested positive for pot?

its not steroids. and that guy when VERY early.

he didnt get suspended by his school for a year, like clarrett.

why not take him???? it jus makes me crazy....

316706[/snapback]

He had the POTENTIAL to be a first round pick at the beginning of the 2004 season, and pissed it away for the reasons I listed above.

Why draft a guy who doesn't play to his potential? And who you have to worry about testing positive again and getting suspended? What kind of idiot goes to the combine, knowing he is going to get tested, with weed in his system anyway??

Are you freakin' kidding me??

Think before posting!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how we keep taking guys at positions we are already covered at while positions like the OL and DT are neglected.  Oh I forgot, Ron Edwards must be the answer.

316531[/snapback]

BTW, in case you didn't notice (and I am assuming by your sarcasm that you didn't), Ron Edwards played very well last season. He had 4 sacks playing sparingly in a rotation that was dominated by Pat and Sam.

Ron Edwards will be a very solid replacement for Pat this season, which is one of the reasons the BIlls felt they could let Pat go.

BTW, in case you didn't notice (and I am assuming by your sarcasm that you didn't), Ron Edwards played very well last season.  He had 4 sacks playing sparingly in a rotation that was dominated by Pat and Sam.

Ron Edwards will be a very solid replacement for Pat this season, which is one of the reasons the BIlls felt they could let Pat go.

316755[/snapback]

Come talk to me when he's forced to play all the time and gets 2 sacks for the entire season and is horrible in run support.

Then talk to me about him and how "great" he was in spot duty.

Kevin Thomas was good in spot duty too. He has never shown anything when asked to do it on a full time basis. That's why we keep drafting CB's. Because guys like Thomas haven't panned out like we had hoped even though they are still here in backup roles.

Come talk to me when he's forced to play all the time and gets 2 sacks for the entire season and is horrible in run support.

Then talk to me about him and how "great" he was in spot duty.

316761[/snapback]

This is nothing but negative speculation on your part! Why would he become as bad as you are predicting?

But, oh, we should spend a draft pick on guy who lazied his way out of a first round selection and the exhibits the brilliance of smoking pot before going to the combine and is now officially in the NFL's susbstance abuse program before he even dons the uni!

BRILLIANT!

This is nothing but negative speculation on your part!  Why would he become as bad as you are predicting?

But, oh, we should spend a draft pick on guy who lazied his way out of a first round selection and the exhibits the brilliance of smoking pot before going to the combine and is now officially in the NFL's susbstance abuse program before he even dons the uni! 

BRILLIANT!

316785[/snapback]

2 things in regards to this post.

1. Warren Sapp tested positive at the combine. He turned out to be quite a football player didn't he? The scouting guide on him sounded just about the same as it does on Hawthorne.

2. Why would Edwards become as bad as I'm predicting? It's all about the situation you put someone in. Edwards has not done very well when forced to play any significant time. So if the plan is for him to play most of the time, I'm not holding my breath with optomism.

BTW, in case you didn't notice (and I am assuming by your sarcasm that you didn't), Ron Edwards played very well last season.  He had 4 sacks playing sparingly in a rotation that was dominated by Pat and Sam.

316755[/snapback]

Edwards can't stop the run... I'm looking for Tim Anderson to plug that hole rather than Edwards, who is an effective pass rusher.