Diggs is best in receptions and receiving yards

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Bill O’Brien left a real legacy over there. He probably did more damage than any coach or gm I can think of in recent history. 
As bad as it was trading Hopkins for peanuts essentially now poor Houston has to realize they gave away the 3rd overall pick for Tunsil who they had to pay on top of it. Tunsil is a decent player but I’m not sure he’s the elite level kinda player you expect at pick 3. Just crazy. 

Yea Tunsil is a good left tackle. He isn't an elite left tackle and he isn't the best left tackle out of his draft class - that is Ronnie Stanley. It all came from the dysfunction. In the 2019 draft Bill O'Brien was locked on Andre Dillard with the Texans first pick. He was nervous about being jumped as he sat there at #23 and was urging General Manager Brian Gaine (now back with our Bills) to move up. Gaine wanted to hold fire though and as O'Brien feared Philadelphia jumped them trading up to #22 and selecting Dillard. O'Brien was allegedly furious and swore loudly at the team personnel staff in the draft room. Gaine then compounded the error by reaching for Tytus Howard out of Alabama State in the FCS at #23 in a move reminicscent of the Bills reaching for Whitner after their top safety went right before them all those years ago. Almost nobody thought Howard was a first rounder, fine prospect though he was, or a left tackle at the NFL level and most people had him pegged either at a right tackle or a guard. That was basically the moment the O'Brien and Gaine relationship was over. O'Brien fought all summer to get rid of him after that and once he had accomplished it pursued a left tackle.... and way overpaid for Laremy Tunsil. 

It really is like a story I feel we had here for so many years. One mistake leads to two, leads to three and before you know it leads to a mess of a roster. Thank heavens that is no longer the way Buffalo is run. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Tunsil is a good left tackle. He isn't an elite left tackle and he isn't the best left tackle out of his draft class - that is Ronnie Stanley. It all came from the dysfunction. In the 2019 draft Bill O'Brien was locked on Andre Dillard with the Texans first pick. He was nervous about being jumped as he sat there at #23 and was urging General Manager Brian Gaine (now back with our Bills) to move up. Gaine wanted to hold fire though and as O'Brien feared Philadelphia jumped them trading up to #22 and selecting Dillard. O'Brien was allegedly furious and swore loudly at the team personnel staff in the draft room. Gaine then compounded the error by reaching for Tytus Howard out of Alabama State in the FCS at #23 in a move reminicscent of the Bills reaching for Whitner after their top safety went right before them all those years ago. Almost nobody thought Howard was a first rounder, fine prospect though he was, or a left tackle at the NFL level and most people had him pegged either at a right tackle or a guard. That was basically the moment the O'Brien and Gaine relationship was over. O'Brien fought all summer to get rid of him after that and once he had accomplished it pursued a left tackle.... and way overpaid for Laremy Tunsil. 

It really is like a story I feel we had here for so many years. One mistake leads to two, leads to three and before you know it leads to a mess of a roster. Thank heavens that is no longer the way Buffalo is run. 

I agree.   It was exasperating when that was how it was in Buffalo.   And each regime repeated the same type of mistakes.  McBeane weren't immune.    But they corrected a ton of mistakes with the second chance and didn't just keep making more..........learning and quickly pivoting from mistakes was not something we saw from fragile ego having, self-interested decision makers here for 2 decades.   

For all of the talk about how great the Dolphins made out with acquiring future #1 picks like they did from Houston.........replacing Tunsil and Fitzpatrick with similar level performers or better is not a given.    Their roster deficiency got exposed some yesterday.    It's not a given that they will spin all those picks into gold and Houston isn't necessarily far off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Diggs had a monster year and I'm very appreciative we were able to land him. 127 snags and 1500+ yards recieving is just insane. I hope he can break his own records for the Bills going forward. 

I can careless about idiot B.O.B trade with Hopkins and how well Jefferson did with the VIks with our pick.  Well done Beane! 

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree.   It was exasperating when that was how it was in Buffalo.   And each regime repeated the same type of mistakes.  McBeane weren't immune.    But they corrected a ton of mistakes with the second chance and didn't just keep making more..........learning and quickly pivoting from mistakes was not something we saw from fragile ego having, self-interested decision makers here for 2 decades.   

For all of the talk about how great the Dolphins made out with acquiring future #1 picks like they did from Houston.........replacing Tunsil and Fitzpatrick with similar level performers or better is not a given.    Their roster deficiency got exposed some yesterday.    It's not a given that they will spin all those picks into gold and Houston isn't necessarily far off.

Agree. If I was a GM candidate Houston is the job I'd want. I think that is primed to be a shorter turnaround. Not necessarily a one year turnaround but a good GM-HC combo can be properly competitive in year 2 there. And agree on Miami. Austin Jackson has got better as the season has gone along at left tackle and he was always a bit of a raw longer term pick I think but it is no guarantee that their replacements for the guys they traded away are as good. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Fun fact....Bruce never led the NFL in sacks in any season he played.

Thats always blown my mind, but in a way, it’s even more amazing. Speaks to the consistency Bruuuce was bringing for a long, long time. 

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. If I was a GM candidate Houston is the job I'd want. I think that is primed to be a shorter turnaround. Not necessarily a one year turnaround but a good GM-HC combo can be properly competitive in year 2 there. And agree on Miami. Austin Jackson has got better as the season has gone along at left tackle and he was always a bit of a raw longer term pick I think but it is no guarantee that their replacements for the guys they traded away are as good. 

So much for that.  They're asking for permission to interview Nick Caserio of the Cheaters.  LOL!