2021 NFL Draft Order (Non-Playoff Teams)

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

My early gut feel which may be contrary to most people’s expectations is that the Jets stick with Darnold and Miami takes a QB at 3 ( or 2 if they trade up) ...

They should consider trading out of #2, They can't get Lawrence anyway. Worse case go for a QB the following draft, you risk missing out on a Mahomes but that isn't happening too often and they need a lot of pieces.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

My early gut feel which may be contrary to most people’s expectations is that the Jets stick with Darnold and Miami takes a QB at 3 ( or 2 if they trade up) ...

New coach must love Darnold for that to happen.  I'm sure it will be the main thing discussed between the FO and the potential hire.  

If new hire says they want Fields, Darnold is getting traded to Washington or Atlanta.  Something like that.  No way in conference.

Edited by Big Blitz

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If we end up at the end of round 1 in those last 3 or 4 picks you are in prime trade down territory in a normal year. Less sure teams will be trading up for guys in 2021 at the end of the first though given the limited evaluation during this season. 

Now we can wait until AFTER the playoffs to worry about this.  :)

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Unless they view him as a bust who they need to get something for him before the rest of the league knows what they do, like Arizona did with Rosen, they are stuck with him and can't draft a QB at 3.

I think everyone knows he sucks...they should have buried him yesterday as a close contact and maybe kept a bit of value ;)