And so it begins...

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger! :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/colu...john&id=2044649

Bills: The Bills held on to Travis Henry too long in trade talks and didn't get value. They hoped to get Arizona, Tampa Bay or Philadelphia to give them at least a third-round choice. But all three teams got their backs in the draft. The Bucs took Cadillac Williams. The Cardinals opted to take J.J. Arrington in the second round rather than offering a third-round choice to the Bills. The Eagles took Ryan Moats. The Bills selected good players -- wide receiver Roscoe Parrish and tight end Kevin Everett. But they still didn't get help for their offensive line.

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger! :w00t:

Bills: The Bills held on to Travis Henry too long in trade talks and didn't get value. They hoped to get Arizona, Tampa Bay or Philadelphia to give them at least a third-round choice. But all three teams got their backs in the draft. The Bucs took Cadillac Williams. The Cardinals opted to take J.J. Arrington in the second round rather than offering a third-round choice to the Bills. The Eagles took Ryan Moats. The Bills selected good players -- wide receiver Roscoe Parrish and tight end Kevin Everett. But they still didn't get help for their offensive line.

315784[/snapback]

Yeah, Clayton...God forbid the Bills should address the OL in rounds 4-7. Afterall, we all know that the draft is devoid of any meaningful talent after rounds 1-3. :D Sounds like 'The Lightbulb' has burned out.

lol.

Most people think you can't judge a draft until you see these guys in the league for 2-3 years. Clayton is trying to judge a draft before the draft is even over.

If the Bills walk away tomorrow with Michael Munoz, Jason Brown, and someone's 2nd round pick next year for Travis Henry...he'll feel a little foolish.

lol.

Most people think you can't judge a draft until you see these guys in the league for 2-3 years. Clayton is trying to judge a draft before the draft is even over.

If the Bills walk away tomorrow with Michael Munoz, Jason Brown, and someone's 2nd round pick next year for Travis Henry...he'll feel a little foolish.

315798[/snapback]

To be fair Clayton is being paid to judge a draft before it is even over. Does not stop him being an idiot, though.

315784[/snapback]

Not shootin at you, SnF... but i'll shoot at "The Light Bulb"

i can't handle a Math Teacheresque poindexter critiquing the decisions of an NFL front office.

he's paid to do this, but I ain't buying it.

Yeah, Clayton...God forbid the Bills should address the OL in rounds 4-7. Afterall, we all know that the draft is devoid of any meaningful talent after rounds 1-3.  :D  Sounds like 'The Lightbulb' has burned out.

315789[/snapback]

aside from terrence mcgee, the bills haven't landed any impact players in the donohoe era on the second day.

315784[/snapback]

Actually, that's a fair perspective. I'm sure the Bills watched many players they hoped would fall to #55 get picked early and Parrish was the best athlete available at that spot.

315784[/snapback]

he's right.....

and he won't be the last to trash the bills draft.......we'll be on plenty of "worst draft" lists over the next couple weeks.......

lol.

315798[/snapback]

So will I.

J.J. Arrington will be the next in the long line of 2,000+ yard runners who were busts in the NFL.  And Moats won't be as good as Travis.  And there's a good chance one of Brown, Benson, and Williams will be a best. 

MoFos!

315917[/snapback]

and that long line would include whom?

The Iowa State guy is the only other 2000 yard college back that busted that I can think of.

Marcus Allen was good, Barry Sanders was good.

whom am I missing?

aside from terrence mcgee, the bills haven't landed any impact players in the donohoe era on the second day.

315918[/snapback]

And exactly how many teams have landed "impact" players on day 2? Impact players come on day 1, day 2 is for special teams, backup and potenital for the futrure.

315918[/snapback]

Other than the usual Tom Brady and Terrell Davis examples name some impact second dayers in the entire league. There are very few so its not an indictment on TD. Day 2 gets you serviceable role players who are still important to the success of your team.

Actually, that's a fair perspective. I'm sure the Bills watched many players they hoped would fall to #55 get picked early and Parrish was the best athlete available at that spot.

315920[/snapback]

That sums up the Bills first day of the draft succinctly and accurately. Sometimes the picks don't fall as you want them to and you can't draft for need and value at the same time. I'm glad TD picked the best athlete available instead of reaching for a prospect.

RTB

and that long line would include whom?

The Iowa State guy is the only other 2000 yard college back that busted that I can think of.

Marcus Allen was good, Barry Sanders was good.

whom am I missing?

Rashaan Salaam, Troy Davis, Leon Johnson, and Larry Johnson are the ones I can name off the top of my head. I'm sure there are several more.

Are you insane?  He QB'd the team to a Super Bowl title his second year.

315939[/snapback]

Yes I am insane and prone to exagerate, but that doesn't change the fact that later round impact is a year or two down the line. Do you tnink that Brady would have seen the light of day that year if Bledsoe hadn't ben hurt puching the "impact out eeven further.