Roscoe Parrish...

Lee Evans is much, much faster then 4.43

315604[/snapback]

Yes, and now the Bills have two sub-4.5 guys at WR. Think Lofton and Beebe. Do teams put 8 in the box with Parrish in the slot, and single-cover Evans, Moulds, and Parrish?

someone please explain this pick to me, please.....

315562[/snapback]

He was perhaps the most explosive running and passing quarterback in Florida during the 2000 season, passing for 2,201 yards and rushing for 613 yards to earn first-team Class 6A honors. During his junior season of 1999, he passed for 1,400 yards and 10 touchdowns with just five interceptions while completing 78 of 136 passes. He also rushed 60 times for 600 yards and six touchdowns and had 10 tackles during the 1999 season.

Parrish redshirted at Miami in 2001 and took over punt return duties the following year. He gained 336 yards on 25 returns (13.4 avg.)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/parrish_roscoe

there you go

He was perhaps the most explosive running and passing quarterback in Florida during the 2000 season, passing for 2,201 yards and rushing for 613 yards to earn first-team Class 6A honors. During his junior season of 1999, he passed for 1,400 yards and 10 touchdowns with just five interceptions while completing 78 of 136 passes. He also rushed 60 times for 600 yards and six touchdowns and had 10 tackles during the 1999 season.

Parrish redshirted at Miami in 2001 and took over punt return duties the following year. He gained 336 yards on 25 returns (13.4 avg.)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/parrish_roscoe

there you go

315758[/snapback]

Exactly. In a word, it gives Mularkey's offense versatility. He likes to incorporate gadget plays and get the TEs involved, as well. Every team in the league assumes that the Bills will be a running team...having as many options as possible at your disposal keeps your opponents off-balance.

Exactly. In a word, it gives Mularkey's offense versatility. He likes to incorporate gadget plays and get the TEs involved, as well. Every team in the league assumes that the Bills will be a running team...having as many options as possible at your disposal keeps your opponents off-balance.

315762[/snapback]

I see your point, but I certainly understand the frustration of those who seek better blocking. Options mean little when the qb is on his a$$.

Remember, it was MM who declared the Bills a smashmouth team.

I have no idea how these picks will fare. I also dont know if any of our TEs are healthy. What I do hope is that TD drafts some good, young blockers tomorrow. Our talent level up front doesn't seem high, nor does the depth.

I see your point, but I certainly understand the frustration of those who seek better blocking. Options mean little when the qb is on his a$$.

I have no idea how these picks will fare. I also dont know if any of our TEs are healthy. What I do hope is that TD drafts some good, young blockers tomorrow. Our talent level up front doesn't seem high, nor does the depth.

315767[/snapback]

well guys like

OT Muñoz, Ray Willis, Rob Petitti, Jeremy Parquet are still available

and G like Terrell, Elton Brown, Kemoeatu, CJ Brooks are still available

there's a group that maybe won't be inmediate starters but that would be considered great development projects and bodies for depth.

the draft isn't over yet.

315767[/snapback]

I agree on the blocking. The O-line has been neglected for far too many years now. I was floored when the Bills selected Parrish...I didn't think it filled a pressing need until I stepped back and thought about it. The bottom line is that I trust Tom & Tom and McNally, who started to make chicken salad out of his chicken $hi_ linemen by the end of last year. I was really hoping that Khalif Barnes would fall to the Bills at 55 and was pi$$ed when he was taken at 52. So close and yet so far. :D

315767[/snapback]

The interesting thing to watch re: the O-line as the pre-season makes it's way to the regular season will be:

Will a likely upgrade at LG and an overall upgrade in the "beef" or "short yardage push" department offset a loss of ability at LT this season?

Another interesting point:

Once our O-line fudged their way through the first four games last season they actually played quite well the rest of the way, giving up the fewest sacks in a 9 or 10 game span in quite some time, and paving the way for a decent running game. All this with an immobile QB. There may be something more than mere crapp to work with here after all....

The interesting thing to watch re: the O-line as the pre-season makes it's way to the regular season will be:

Will a likely upgrade at LG and an overall upgrade in the "beef" or "short yardage push" department offset a loss of ability at LT this season?

Another interesting point:

Once our O-line fudged their way through the first four games last season they actually played quite well the rest of the way, giving up the fewest sacks in a 9 or 10 game span in quite some time, and paving the way for a decent running game. All this with an immobile QB. There may be something more than mere crapp to work with here after all....

315777[/snapback]

Well, my feelings about the "first 4 games" are well doccumented, but in any case, you are clearly correct. They did improve, and played very well at times, especially when CV was healthy.

The Pittsburgh game still bugs me, but my reasons are different than the majority of posters who blindly point only at Drew. The truth is, their 2nd string OL had their way with us at RWS....this with a playoff spot at stake! I want the Bills to have this kind of talent and depth up front, and they should. The weather is cold, JP is a kid and WM is potentially a great back, but he still needs room to run, and this cannot be disputed.

End of rant. :D