Did Mitch Morse play yesterday?

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Here's hoping we can get Morse back after the Bye and slide Mongo back to Guard. He's been a good G, but I'm excited to see him, Morse, and Dawkins eat.

The left side of the line will be terrific when Morse comes back and we can slide Mongo over.  Only thing that bothers me is that Winters is still playing... lol

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I think I agree.. we only have two good tackles on the roster but we have 4 decent guards.. makes sense..

Yup.  Get your bookends set by re-signing Williams.  You have Morse and Bates under contract next year to play C.  Feliciano maybe walks but you still have Ford, Boettger (assuming they tender him) and Bates under contract to play OG.  Fill in the rest in FA and the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  Get your bookends set by re-signing Williams.  You have Morse and Bates under contract next year to play C.  Feliciano maybe walks but you still have Ford, Boettger (assuming they tender him) and Bates under contract to play OG.  Fill in the rest in FA and the draft.

Just playing the numbers game, you arent wrong. We have more Guards than Tackles, so it would make sense to prioritize Williams over Feliciano.

But given the way we've seen our Defense and DL decline by letting Shaq and JPhillips walk and trying to replace them with 1-step-down players... and how important and ingrained Feliciano is in this unit... I'd hope we prioritize signing Feliciano a little higher. Keep the starting band together, and look at finding a replacement for Nsekhe.

Dawkins, Feliciano, Morse, Ford, Williams. Make it happen.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Just playing the numbers game, you arent wrong. We have more Guards than Tackles, so it would make sense to prioritize Williams over Feliciano.

But given the way we've seen our Defense and DL decline by letting Shaq and JPhillips walk and trying to replace them with 1-step-down players... and how important and ingrained Feliciano is in this unit... I'd hope we prioritize signing Feliciano a little higher. Keep the starting band together, and look at finding a replacement for Nsekhe.

Dawkins, Feliciano, Morse, Ford, Williams. Make it happen.

It's a numbers game WRT positions and money.  The team is up to the cap next year and while I think they can make moves to free up some more, I don't think they can prioritize more than Williams given what he can/will command.  And since he's more important and a better player, he gets first priority.  I'd like them to make an offer that's reasonable to Feliciano, if not tell him to test the market and let them match what he gets.  

And to be fair, they made those defensive/DL moves before they knew Star was going to opt-out.  He's a far bigger loss than we thought.

Just now, Doc said:

It's a numbers game WRT positions and money.  The team is up to the cap next year and while I think they can make moves to free up some more, I don't think they can prioritize more than Williams given what he can/will command.  And since he's more important and a better player, he gets first priority.  I'd like them to make an offer that's reasonable to Feliciano, if not tell him to test the market and let them match what he gets.  

And to be fair, they made those defensive/DL moves before they knew Star was going to opt-out.  He's a far bigger loss than we thought.

They were bad moves even with Star in the equation.

• Like (+1) 1

It seems the Bills Like Ford best at guard even though he makes all kinds of mistakes. I think the Bills think Ford can eventually play through all the errors and then we would end up with a guard that can win his match up in the pass and especially the run.

I don't know what was going on yesterday but the announcer felt the Bills should be able to run vs. the Cards beat up line and we went backwards instead. It was very disconcerting. Like, our line sucks at run blocking disconcerting.... We got beat so bad it was unbelievable to watch.  If we can't fix that, we'll probably lose the division to the fish.

I love Allen.

I love Diggs.

Nobody can watch Beasley one on one.

If Smoke has his wheels we are deadly (but clearly he does not and it may require surgery).

Davis and McKenzie seem to be capable of hurting opponents but only when Diggs, Smoke and Beasley draw to themselves.

Knox is having a disastrous sophomore season. And this hurts are ability to show other dangerous looks.

No TE, No run game, no Smoke, and our offense is just mediocre.... 

We probably need to get all three going to go anywhere in the playoffs.

We get all three going and Daboll can really get defenses back on their toes, imho....

If we get both the best version of our O and our D and just as importantly our STs going we can play with anybody....

Can we?

I have no idea....but our STs were just as important as any unit yesterday. We were winning with our STs with those long kicks but then Roberts not only mysteriously decided to go out of the endzone, he looked very slow in doing so.... Then Bojo Kicked a few bad punts and we are never there to keep the punt from going in the endzone in addition to the lousy punts.... They cost us all kinds of yardage....

Frustratingly, our best players played the Hail Mary all wrong in the end and you wonder why they didn't play it much better; much smarter....

back to the drawing board....

Go Bills!