Travis an Eagle?????

swede316

Aaron: Where do the latest rumors have Travis Henry going, and what will the Bills get in return?

SportsNation Gary Horton: (11:53 AM ET ) Just got off the phone with Arizona and it appears to be a dead deal there. The concencus is Henry is going to the Eagles. They will give up a third round pick for them. That would be a great deal for the Eagles and probably forces the Cardinals to now take one of the three RBs in the first round. Tampa was also in play but Henry will be a Eagle by the end of the day.

Isn't the Eagles third rounder the second from last in the round making it, in essence, a 4th rounder? No way would I go for that deal, keep Henry here as a backup whether he likes it or not. If he sits out, great, RW saves more money.

Late 2nd or early 3rd, no less.

CW

Isn't the Eagles third rounder the second from last in the round making it, in essence, a 4th rounder?  No way would I go for that deal, keep Henry here as a backup whether he likes it or not.  If he sits out, great, RW saves more money.

CW

313795[/snapback]

They have the 77th pick also.

Isn't the Eagles third rounder the second from last in the round making it, in essence, a 4th rounder?  No way would I go for that deal, keep Henry here as a backup whether he likes it or not.  If he sits out, great, RW saves more money.

CW

313795[/snapback]

I thought they had two third rounders including one towards the top of the round.

Well, it appears that things are going well in the draft right now. Benson and Brown are both off the board in the top 4 picks and as these RBs start going off the board, someone may get desperate to trade for Henry. We'll see.

I thought they had two third rounders including one towards the top of the round.

313800[/snapback]

Ok, that's good to hear. I havn't had time to follow the draft too closely this year, so I wasn't sure.

CW

I'd tell teams a 2nd rounder or nothing.  If it's nothing, then I'd wait for a RB to get injured later-on and trade him for a 2nd rounder next year.  I doubt Travis will sit-out half the season even just to prove some ridiculous point that actually hurts him if he DOES try to prove it.

313738[/snapback]

I think it's hillarious that TH is threatening to sit out the season if he's not traded. He came to the Bills last year with his hand out, asking for an extension because he was broke. If not for his own stupidity, he'd be an UFA right now. No way he holds out...he needs the money. The Bills have all the leverage with him. TH, you and your agent need to sit down and shut up. If the Bills don't get what they want for you, you can walk next year. Stay and play the good soldier as a valuable backup and get yourself a decent contract in '06. Sit out and reduce your next contract to the vet minimum. :w00t:

Isn't the Eagles third rounder the second from last in the round making it, in essence, a 4th rounder?  No way would I go for that deal...

CW

313795[/snapback]

Does that make the second from the beginning of the 4th in essense a third round pick? Maybe instead we should get miami's 4th round pick and call it a 3rd...

Aaron: Where do the latest rumors have Travis Henry going, and what will the Bills get in return?

SportsNation Gary Horton: (11:53 AM ET ) Just got off the phone with Arizona and it appears to be a dead deal there. The concencus is Henry is going to the Eagles. They will give up a third round pick for them. That would be a great deal for the Eagles and probably forces the Cardinals to now take one of the three RBs in the first round. Tampa was also in play but Henry will be a Eagle by the end of the day.

313712[/snapback]

I wonder if they've changed their opinion by now? :w00t: